Chapter-11 Get out Dhruv!

Nandini's world started to crumble in front of her eyes. Manik was fine? But then the reports are saying something else!

Nandini walked up to Dhruv but before she could pat his shoulder, Dhruv went off.

Nandini ran upstairs to tell Manik what she'd just heard, tears started rolling down her cheeks, a part of her was screaming with joy after knowing that Manik has no lung cancer but she started fuming with rage because of the fact that Dhruv lied.

Manik who was lying on the bed and scrolling through his phone was shocked as Nandini literally fell on him with all her weight happily crying.

Manik- "Woah! What happened Mrs. Malhotra?"

Nandini gushed listening to "Mrs. Malhotra"

Manik wiped her tears and made her sit on his lap and asked- "Love, why are you crying?"

Nandini- "I overheard Dhruv talking to someone. He admitted that you're fine and he lied to you."

Manik- "What this hell Nandini! Do you even know what you're talking about!"

Nandini-  "Love, I swear I heard him saying this."

Manik-  "But why will he lie? He's my best friend for god's sake! And what about the reports, the reports can't lie na!"

Nandini-  "Reports can be easily faked! You know what why are we arguing let's ask Dhruv himself."

They both headed downstairs only to find the area empty.

Nandini-  "I don't know where has he left but I saw him heading out. Wait let me ask the guard he might be knowing it."

She ran upto the guard and asked about Dhruv's whereabouts.

Guard-

"Ma'am he just headed towards the corner street. He left some five minutes ago he wouldn't have gone far."

Nandini held Manik's hand as they ran upto the corner street only to find Dhruv shaking hands with someone.

Manik-  "Dhruv?!"

Dhruv turned shocked to bits. He had been caught red handed. He was shaking hands with none other than.....

Nyonika Malhotra

Manik was fuming with rage seeing Nyonika.

Manik- 

"What the hell! Nyonika! What on earth are you doing here. Have you forgotten that my dad has divorced you! You are no one to us, and what are you doing with Dhruv."

Nyonika was shocked to see Manik and Nandini. She nervously looked at Dhruv.

Nandini walked upto Dhruv and took out the bundle of cash from his pocket and threw it on his face.

Nandini-  "You retard! What the hell is this! I heard you saying that you lied about Manik's condition!"

Dhruv looked down and sighed.

Dhruv- "Now as you both have come to know the truth there's no point lying."

He looked at Nyonika and said-

"I'm sorry!"

Nyonika gave him a disgusted look and turned her head away.

Dhruv-

"As you guys know that I was in Pune pursuing my masters. I was on a cash crunch, I became bankrupt. I was looking for ways to earn, when I got the invitation card of your wedding. I was broke and depressed so I made an excuse that I won't be coming to your wedding. Then after a few days I got a call from Nyonika stating that she doesn't want this wedding to take place so she told me to do something to break this alliance. She offered me a huge sum of money and I didn't decline. I lied to you and got those fake reports made but then Nandini is so in love with you that she agreed to marry you but I know that Chachi wouldn't agree after hearing this. So yeah my plan almost worked."