Chapter-19 Married, once again!

Nandini woke up and walked towards her window. It was still dark and the sun was not yet fully risen. The moon was on the verge of saying goodbye.

Nandini looked at her hands, full of stained henna, the gorgeous red bangles, and the sacred thread.

She smiled calmly looking at her hands. She took out her phone and clicked a picture of her breathtakingly gorgeous hands.

She sent that picture to Manik who very surprisingly saw her text in a jiffy. Nandini was surprised to see him online this early.

Texts

Nandini- You up so early?

Manik- Yeah, can't wait to make you my bride for one last time!

Nandini- Someone looks excited I see!

Manik- Ofcourse honey ;)

Nandini clutched the phone near her heart just to feel this feeling for one last time. The beautiful journey of becoming his bride seemed to unreal and too near.

Nandini quickly took a shower and changed into her comfortable clothes when Navya and Alya barges inside her room screaming in excitement.

Navya- "Oh my god I just found the perfect jam song for your wedding!"

Nandini- "Really? Which song?"

Alya- "See punjabi weddings are all about loud music so we all are planning to dance on 'Bole Chudiya' and..."

Navya- "Basically she means all the bollywood shaadi songs!"

Nandini- "That sounds so fun? But what should I dance on?"

Alya- "You surprise Manik! Like when he enters you start dancing on a song!"

Navya- "Oh my god yes Nandini you should totally do that!"

Nandini- "Okay! Well I'll dance on the cheesiest bollywood song ever! How about 'Tujhe dekha toh ye jana sanam?' "

Alya and Navya agreed with the song.

Alya- "Okay okay now we have to leave to plan our own dance! Bye!"

They then went away to plan their dance.

Nandini chuckled looking at their excitement.

It was around 6 P.M and Nandini had changed into her scintillating red lehenga. The lehenga had splashes of maroon. The silver borders and the huge patterns on the lehenga made Nandini look nothing less than a royal goddess.

She was yet to drape the dupatta and wear her jewellery. She sat infront of the mirror and looked at her reflection.

Navya quickly entered the room adjusting her lehenga. She looked at Nandini and was taken aback for a minute. Nandini looked so mature in that tight bun adorned with red roses and that look on her face made Navya realise that her little best friend had grown so big.

She held Nandini by her shoulders and said-

"I didn't even realise when did my best friend grew up!"

Nandini smiled nostalgically and nodded.

Navya took out Nandini's jewellery from the cupboard and said-

"Can I please doll up my little baby?"

Nandini cried happily and exclaimed-

"You never have to ask baby love! You never have to ask'"

Navya adorned Nandini's hands with the exquisite diamond bangles, she made her wear the diamond matha pati which gently rested on her hairline. She carefully put on the shiny diamond nose ring and the necklaces.