Chapter-17 Jasmines for my monster

Nandini's phone buzzed. It was Shreya who was calling to inform Nandini about the pre wedding rituals that would take place back in Nandini's house.

Nandini snuggled out of his embrace and bent towards the drawer to pick up her phone when Manik suddenly jerked her hand and pulled her towards him causing her bare back to hit his rough chest.

Nandini gasped due to the sudden pull. She closed her eyes as she felt his fiery breathe touching her cheek.

"Manik!"

whispered Nandini drowning in his touch as his fingers started swirling over her arms.

Manik snuggled his nose in her neck inhaling her scent. Nandini's trance was broken as she heard her phone buzz.

She pushed Manik giggling and picked up Shreya's call.

Shreya-  "Hey Nandini sorry to disturb you this early in the morning but I needed to talk about today's pre wedding ritual."

Nandini's face lit up as she heard her, she had never ever seen a Punjabi wedding and getting to know that she'll get to experience all these little rituals made her heart swirl and swoon.

Nandini-  "Yeah What is it? Tell me!"

Shreya-  'It's the Kangana Bandhana Ceremony, in this a sacred thread called the mouli is tied on the wrist of the bride and the groom by a Hindu priest. They have to keep it on their wrist as it is considered to be a good-luck charm and wait until it falls off."

Nandini-  "Woah! That sounds cool."

Nandini looked sideways and didn't find Manik beside her. She heard some commotion from the washroom as she realised he'd left to take a shower. That was the moment she'd been waiting for.

She cupped her hands around her mouth and whispered cautiously-

" Okay so that will take place at night right? Before that I need your help to plan a surprise for Manik!"

"Oh really! First he planned a surprise for you and now you too! How cute you guys are! Okay so text me all that that I have to do!"

Nandini- "Yeah sure!"

Nandini's Internal Monologue

You'd be literally blown away Manik Malhotra I swear! You would have never ever imagined this even in your wildest dreams.

Nandini was bursting with enthusiasm. She really wanted to go that extra mile for her monster to make him fell special, just the way he makes her feel special, every single day.

Nandini quickly slipped into Manik's shirt and shorts. She tied her hair in a bun and got off the bed. As she was walking towards her cupboard. She felt a sudden jerk. It was Manik who pulled her inside the washroom. Nandini giggled as Manik pushed her under the shower while putting his weight on her. He leaned on her body as Nandini looked away seeing her husband entirely bare. Nandini bit her lips nervously as Manik moved his lips towards hers.

The water was dripping on their bodies increasing the already risen temperature. Manik seized her lips in a jiffy and pressed her waist hard while still leaning on her.

Manik dominated the kiss entirely. He quenched all his thirst in that kiss under the shower. Manik explored the untravel gateways of those heavenly lips with his tongue.

Nandini pushed him by his shoulders and said- That was one hell of a kiss honey!

Manik smirked proudily and embraced his tiny teddy bear as the shower showered love droplets on them.

Later that morning

Manik had to leave for his studio while Nandini secretly executed her plan.

Nandini wore a gorgeous white saree, the white that is seen on the jasmines. She put up her hair in a messy bun and decorated it with jasmine flowers. She proudly filled her hairline for the first time. She was dressed in all things jasmines because Manik had a really realy special thing.

Manik might be the only guy in this universe who loved flowers. Jasmines had his heart, his solace ,his everything were those jasmines. Manik never had a loving family. He was a guy who had so much love to give yet he recieved so little. His broken family added to his miseries.

He always felt embarrassed to confess that being a boy he loved jasmines. Though, when it came to Nandini he had no filters. He told her how obsessed he was about jasmines.

Nandini's Internal Monologue

When he told me about his crazy love for jasmines, I could see the child like enthusiasm in is eyes. And I'd give off a million dollars just to see that smile.

Nandini looked at herself in the mirror. She did look like a newly wedded bride with thr vermillion and mangalsutra. She took her car keys and set off to plan the surprise.

Nandini reached the place where she'd planned the surprise. It was vast stretch of grassland on the outskirts of the city. A peaceful area away from the hustling bustling city.

Nandini and Shreya had got the entire place filled eith jasmines. Nandini had made sure that the entire area was decorated with jasmines.

Shreya informed Ronit (the other wedding planner) about the plan. Rohit had to get Manik till the venue. Rohit called Manik and said-

Rohit- "Hey Manik actually there's an issue with the wedding venue and you need to come along with me to fix it."

Manik- "Well, okay!"

Ronit picked up Manik from his studio and drove to the place where Nandini had called him. While they were on their Manik grew suspicious about the directions but Ronit kept avoiding his questions.

The sun began to set. The sky was of the perfect orange colour. Ronit took Manik till the grassland.

Manik- "Ronit where are we man?"

Rohit- "You will get to know as soon as you get off!"

Manik was astonished to see a strecth of grassland covered with jasmines. He looked around and saw Nandini dressed in her white saree smiling at him. They both ran upto each other as Manik took Nandini in his arms.

Manik- "Don't tell me you did all this!"

Nandini giggled and nodded her head. Manik kept looking around like a little child who gets excited when he gets a new toy.

Nandini took out a jar full of dried jasmines and gave it to Manik.

Manik smiled looking at the jar. It had a note which read-

These jasmines never lose their fragrance, just like our everlasting love! Treasure this, love!

Nandini took out another jar which had colourful jasmine petals. Manik's eyes popped out as he saw those coloured petals.

Manik- "Oh my god Nandini! Where did you find these!"

Nandini- "Spain! I ordered it few weeks ago!"

Manik held the two jars close to his heart. He felt all the joy in the world that one could possibly feel. Nandini laughed looking at his child like glee.

Manik took some jasmines spread on the floor and showered them on Nandini. Nandini laughed as Manik continued showering them at her.

Manik walked closer to her, pulled her by her waist, looked closely at her and said-

"All these jasmines but my eyes and heart only craves for the little jasmine standing infront of me!"

Nandini cupped his cheeks, kissed his forehead and said-

"My boy loves jasmines so I thought to surprise him! Did you like it?"

By this time Manik's eyes had tears. He felt all the love a man can possibly feel. He said-

"I loved it, Nandini. You made my heart happy!"

Nandini blushed and said- You too make my heart happy every single day!

They sealed their lips for a refreshing kiss as the sun completely disappeared in the orange sky.