Insomnia

⚠️trigger warning ⚠️ I'm not sure if people get trigged by insomnia but just incase (listen to the song at the top it's really sweet)

3rd person:

The brunet boy sighs sadly as he looks at the clock on the wall, his back hitting the scent filled sheets.

10:30pm

His head rests tiredly against his restless pillow, the only source of light being the illuminating glow from the moonlight. The countless nights of which the boy hadn't slept were finally catching up to but the simple task remained a struggle for rye to complete.The worn out boy tosses and turns in his castle of fluffy blankets and puffed pillows, he begs his body to allow his mind to float away into happy dreams but his brain refuses not having the comfort it hunted for.

The earthy eyes were squeezed shut with such force that the boys desperation for sleep was no hidden secret. Ryan balled the corners of his blanket and pulled to his face as if it was a mask that would give the brunet the power to lull himself to peaceful quietus.

After what seemed like hours of repeating actions that have yet to work he gave up and travelled to kitchen to make a cup of tea, the one thing his body craved more than sleep. As the kettle boiled Rye leant against one the counters his body already becoming limp as his eyes shut only to shoot open of the sound of the kettle coming to a boil. Once the toothsome drink was made he took a seat on one of the high chairs, sipping slowly on the liquid.

"oh- hey rye" the voice broke the silence that had looming since he came down making the tired boy jump, turning to see who had disturbed him only yo be meet with the familiar ocean eyes the belonged to Andy Fowler.

"hi, do you want a cuppa?"

Andy shook his head taking a seat next to Ryan, from looking at Ryes bags that hung heavily under his eye Andy could tell the boy was not okay and needed solace. The blonde boy wrapped his arm around the other boy- smiling softly as the brunet relaxed into to his touch closing his eyes a sigh of relief slipping past his lips.

"what are you doing up at such an ungodly hour then?"

Ryan sighed at the question before shrugging pulling away from the comfort of the other boys arms.

"Everything is prettier when everyone else is asleep" rye mumble turning the silver rings on his slim fingers.

Andy smiled at the boy, at his depth of thought and his over analysis.

"Come on" Andy pulled at the confused boy arms, dragging him up the stairs and to his room not bothering to clean up the mess in the kitchen.

Once they both settled down on the air foam mattress they turned to each other gazing at each other's appearance both of them caught in a a daze.

"Can we stay awake together?" Rye whispered, Andy nodded reaching over to play some music on his phone putting it on shuffle.

'You gave me a shoulder when I needed it
You showed the love when I wasn't feeling it
You helped me fight when I was giving in
You you made me laugh when I was losing it.'

Both boys chuckled lightly at the song that began to play, humming the melody and bobbing their heads slightly.

"Go to sleep my love"

They were in love even if they didn't know it and that was the beauty of it, their love wasn't forced it was a natural awakening and it allowed the each of them to freely express themselves without the fear of judgement.

As the love struck couple said their goodnight the struggle of sleep was lifted from their shoulders, each other's arms giving them the warmth that their empty bodies desired.

They were at peace as the birds chimed quietly at the sun rising, they slept through the beauty of the morning and the struggles of the afternoon.

***

This was really bad sorry 🙏

Also I strongly recommend checking at the book by Disco_Hues it's really good and deserves way more love