Fall From Grace (CH4)

Michelle could not hear the approaching footsteps as she neared the edge of the roof. Leaning a little forward, she felt tears flow down the pale cheeks, those nights when she stayed up training, those harsh nightmares making her move to the gym to just train her flexibility, those 4 hours of sleep was wearing her off. She looked beneath her, the endless abyss of the ground so far away, her eyes closed, she hoped that life wasn't this harsh on her. Michelle let out a defeated sigh before opening her eyes again and prepared herself to go down, maybe it could just end. End.

Then, suddenly, arms wrapped itselves around her torso. "Don't leave me, Michelle, please." a small voice said, still hugging her tiny torso. She felt her hand automatically move to his hair, the small ruffled curls making her smile gently before she remembered why she was here and go of his head of curls. "Peter?" Michelle asked, pushing him away from her. "I'm not going anywhere." she said, firmly folding her arms over her chest, giving him a death glare.

Peter looked like a kicked puppy once Michelle stood her ground. The distance between them eerie silent. " I need you to go." she finally said, breaking the silence. "But Michelle-" he started. Before he could continue, Michelle left through the rooftop door, and finally, from his view.

---------------------•---------------------

Michelle walked down the sidewalk with her hands inside her sweatshirt pockets. Her cheeks were still red from the accidental meeting with Peter on the rooftop and her eyes were wide with range directed towards herself. She turned into an alleyway sharply, not caring how sketchy it was.

She felt eyes on her as she slowed down to adjust her sneakers. Adverting her eyes from her shoe, she tired turning sharp rounds, trying to get a good glimpse of who the mystery stalker is.

Suddenly, a pair of hands stopped her path. Michelle looked up from her journey and was immediately greeting with ocean blue eyes staring back at her. Ethan.

" Hey Jones." Ethan said with the signature smirk of his. " Hey Coleman." Michelle said with a smirk that met his. "Come on let's go-" Ethan said, grabbing her wrist and pulling her along with him. Michelle hesitated then gently, but surely, pushed his hand away from him. " Ethan, it's not safe here. Someone's following me." she informed as Ethan's shoulders turned stiff, his blue eyes suddenly clouded with interest, but deep in there, Michelle could feel it, fear.

"Focus on this." the tough female voice of her trainer said, showing the 5 year old a spinning black and white disk. She squinted her eyes at the disk, trying to get a sense of what is she doing with a rolling plate.

With each turn of the disk, she felt dizzier, she could already feel a headache coming. " Now look at me." her trainer said, letting her bony fingers grip onto Michelle's chin and lifting her sight towards her. "Tell me what you see." the woman said, her features softening suddenly. "You're scared, you don't want to continue. You miss someone." Michelle said, the words easily slipping out of her mouth in a soft whisper.

Her trainer gasped. "No this can't be right. No." the woman started saying, her hands gripping her messed up hair. With each second passing, Michelle could feel her head throb. It was like stones being thrown her way, and she was just waiting for the biggest one to just knock her clean out.

Last thing she saw before darkness swallowed her was masked men entering the room, grabbing whole of her trainer as she snapped her fingers at Michelle and everything blurred before anyone could catch the broken child that had fallen from grace.

"Ethan, no one should see you." Michelle whispered softly into his ear as he grabbed onto her waist. She felt herself ease up with his hand on her hips, the moment of her fear being completely taken out of her mind as the boy of her dreams placed his soft lips on hers. The kiss was quick, but in that few seconds, her shoulders slackened, the walls she built up fell and she felt normal again. Those few seconds felt like hours.