Best friend Male x Reader Pt.2

Chapter 2: Grave Mistake

After that terrible lunch date, you were relieved to go back to class for once. And you were looking forward to sitting beside Jingyong and tell him all about it. You heaved a sigh as you took your seat, looking around as you did.

There were students all in bunches. Chatting and giggling with all their friends. Some couples are even holding hands and whispering sweet nothings to each other. That made your heart sink. You wished that you could act like them. All loving and caring.

An image of Jingyong's kind expression-filled your mind as you thought of all the times he was nice to you. However, you just shook it off. You felt since you were already dating Max. You can't betray him although he has a bad personality.

Maybe he'll change.

With that thought in your head, you waited for the orange hair to come. And he did. But Jingyong had a different expression on his face something you never have seen before. Pain and agony. "Jingyong?" your (colour) eyes widen as you watch him slowly sit down, facing the front. "Jingyong? Are you okay?" You repeated as you tried to shake him. A few seconds later, he faced you with a smile and bruises on his face. You gasped, eyes shaking as you took a good look at him. His face was covered black and blue marks and his clothes were all dirty like he didn't shower for a few days. 

Something bad had happened. 

"What did you do?! Why do you look like this?" You asked still in shock while the orange hair just laughed it off. "It's nothing! I-I just fell that's all!" The school bell rang as he finishes his sentence, students going back to their seats and the teacher coming in. You knew that it was just an excuse to block what happened when you were gone with Max. And you couldn't stop thinking about it during class.

'I have to ask him after class then.' You thought as you tapped on the pen on the table, looking at the orange hair's back. 'Jinyong...who did this to you..?' 

Time passed by slowly. Slower since you were panicking and thinking about what happened. That was until the teacher decided to call you up. "Miss/ Mr y/n." The teacher said strictly tapping on the whiteboard. "Y-yes?!" You said sitting up straight and smiling at the teacher, hoping he doesn't ask you anything you didn't know. "Can you tell me what is animal (a/n: couldn't think of another word lol)  in Chinese?" Your mind was blank. You were not paying attention and Chinese was your weak subject. "So?" The teacher prompted as you stared in a blank. "I..." You looked at Max for help but he was too busy with other girls to care about you. You felt a stab to your heart and you took a sigh. 

Before you could answer 'you didn't know', Jinyong stood up saying, "Teacher can I answer that question instead?" The teacher clicked his tongue as he said: "Fine go ahead." "It's 动物, mister."  When he answered, all you could do was stare. Your heart started beating fast and he smiled at you, sitting back down. You feel your face hit up when that happened.

No! You don't like him! You're dating Max! The guy of your dreams!

 You shook your head as you tried paying attention to the rest of the lesson. 

¬

This happened for a few days now. Jinyong seems to spend lesser and lesser time with you now. Since Max is always interrupting and dragging you away. Although you thought the brown hair would change, he never did. Instead, he started to be bolder. And you almost had enough. 

Until today.

Jinyong didn't speak at all. His clothes were dirty again. His hair covering his face as he didn't look at you. You wanted to ask him so badly if he was bullied. But you couldn't.

It felt like you were losing him.

Trying to pay attention to lessons were a hassle now. All you could think was how nice Jinyong has been to you and how he didn't look at you when you are dating Max. Although he said he was happy for you. Was he hurt?  Was he angry? The school bell interrupted your thoughts as you wanted to call for Jinyong only to see him being pushed by Max to a bunch of people.

What?

You decided to go check it out. Only to be blocked by Max. "Maximus. What are you doing?" You said, angrily as you tried to get pass. "Making sure my girlfriend follows me." He said as he grabbed you by the wrists, pulling you along. "Hey! Let me go! It hurts!" You shouted as you tried to pull your hand away. Despite your efforts the brown hair laughed looking at you. "You think I will? You listen to me now." 

 Forget about Max changing.

He is an asshole.

"No." You said, your hands slowly balling into fists. "What did you say?" Max growled but that didn't scare you. All you could think about was where did Jingyong go. His smile flash before your eyes as the same pained expression you saw flashed after. "It's nothing! I-I just fell that's all!"  "I said no!" You repeated as you landed a punch on his face, running away after. "You piece of sh!t come back here!" 

The brown hair's shout became softer and softer as you started shouting, find for Jinyong. "Jinyong! Where are you?!" You came to an empty corridor only to hear crying and shouting. And it sounded like your best friend.

You ran to find the classroom, adrenaline kicking in. The pained expression crossed your mind again as you felt your muscles tense up, searching.

As you open the door, you could see Jinyong on the floor, his hair messy and people were hitting him.

Picking up all your courage, you shouted at them. 

"Yah! Stop!"  

Hey guys! I'm back with a new chapter! Thank you for all the support, I really appreciate it. With that, enjoy the chapter. Goodbye! 
Lots of love💕,
AnimeFnaf