The proclamation

Prince Ben is in his room getting his suit fitting done before the coronation that will be next month. One thought is still hanging and bugging his mind. How is he going to tell his parents about his plan? As if on cue his parents walked in. The biggest fairytale heroes themselves, The Beauty and the Beast's main characters, Belle and the Beast. The parents of the soon to be king. 

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby." His father joked as they walked in. His wife gave him an amused look. 

"He's turning 16, dear." She corrected her husband about the age of their son. Even though she too thought that he was still her little baby boy. The tailor of the young prince walked away allowing Ben to finally turn to his parents. He sighed mentally preparing himself. 

"Hey, pops." He said with a shy smile. The courage to announce the news was building inside of him, unfortunately, it was building up too slowly.

"Gosh! 16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." The Beast joked. This caught the attention of Belle who gave him a serious look. 

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." She said. The king chuckled. 

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot." He said grinning at his son who laughed lightly at this. When he looked at his wife and saw her glaring daggers at him he quickly decided not to joke around anymore. "Kidding, I'm only kidding." He said hugging her to his side. Ben gulped and finally decided to introduce his plan to his parents. 

"Mom, Dad, I've chosen my first two official proclamations." He announced taking his parents by surprise. 

"Two already? Ben, you've really gotten into this king thing." His dad joked. After he stopped laughing his son had finally space to shock them with his decision. 

"I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance to live here in Auradon." He said rather quickly. His parents stayed silent the answer taking them by surprise. Why would their son want to bring villains to their perfect kingdom? When his parents weren't saying anything he continued hoping he would get them to talk. "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned." He looked towards the Isle. It looked so dark and scary. 

"The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?" His father's voice was angry. He was afraid that his dad would transform into the beast at any moment. 

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." He said trying to assure the old king. But his father just frowned.

"Have you?" Belle was torn apart. She knew what her husband feared of but at the same time, she knew her young son was right. Those kids living there weren't given much of a chance to choose their own life, they were assumed to be bad from the start just because of who their parents were. 

"I gave you a second chance." She said looking at her husband at first before giving a soft smile towards her son."Who are their parents?" Ben smiled at his mom. She has always supported him. 

"Cruella De Vil...Jafar...Evil Queen...and Maleficent." He said slowly letting the names sink. He knew his dad would be angry after hearing the last one but he just knew there would be something about the daughter of the evil fairy. 

"Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!" His dad yelled. 

"Dad, just hear me out here!"

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." 

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Ben asked. He didn't want to fight with his father about this. Especially if it was something he believed was the right thing to do. "Dad?" King looked at his wife knowing that her one look would tell him what to do. In her eyes, he saw how much she believed in what Ben was saying. Those two always had the same moral ideas of how to help people in the land. He sighed defeated. There was no point starting a war if he had already lost. There is no way he would be winning against his wife.