Leaving the Wonderland

Christeen...

I walked out to join others in the garden. It was big and green, so many pretty flowers that are here but they talk trash all the time, and oh my hat their singing is getting to my head. So many garden parties that were here, almost every day at least one tea party or an unbirthday party. As Mr. Hatter says, 'there is never enough parties'.

Our fathers were drinking tea sitting in chairs that were unevenly scattered around the amusingly large table and as always were having a good time. Bonkers people. Making sure I won't step on the glass that was in front of me I jumped over it and skipped towards the others. 

Mad, Whit, Cav, and I were standing at the edge of the table waiting for them to notice us. Mad cleared his throat to let his father know we were here. The Mad Hatter lifted his head and grinned at us.

"Oh, Maddox you're here my dear boy." He laughed taking a sip from his tea.

"They're late." The White Rabbit said pointing to his abnormally big watch. I rolled my eyes.

"How come you are late?!" A teacup went flying between my and Mad's heads falling on the front porch. Someone will have to clean that. I looked up to see a furious looking Mad Hatter. Mad walked forward towards his father pushing me behind him trying to shield me from any more teacup attacks. He himself, however, remained unfazed by his father's impulsive behavior. 

"We're sorry. Just got caught up with something." Mad said getting a bit angry after remembering our unplanned encounter with those blunt talkers.

"What is meant by something?" Mr. Caterpillar asked taking a blow from his water pipe. Cavan sighed, he knew he'll have to answer to his father.

"Just other kids getting on our nerves." He answered calmly making me growl at the mention of those idiots.

"Those guys are really driving me crazy," I said from behind Mad wagging my tail angrily. There was a laugh coming from the other side of the table. I looked over there to see my father giving me a grin.

"Oh, my poor little kitten. You must never let someone drive you crazy, it's nearby anyway and the walk is good for you." I smirked at my father's answer.

"What are we celebrating? I know it's our unbirthday but still, this looks bigger than just any party," Whitley commented eyeing all the cups on the table and the huge cake, which was about to fall to the side. Wonder who will be cleaning up this mess.

"Oh we are celebrating, we are celebrating.....What in all hats are we celebrating?" Mad Hatter asked scratching the side of his overly large hat.

"That we are going to get out of the lock." My father reminded him bringing his teacup up closer to him to take a sip.

"Oh, that's right. Let's get down to the problem." Mad Hatter said standing up from his chair and plopping himself on the ground. We all walked over and sat down on the damp grass, knowing fully well if we didn't there would be a tantrum. "So you already know all about how to spread madness in this world under a lock."

"There's no need spreading madness somewhere where everyone is already partly mad." Cavan pointed out. Evidently bored out of his mind.

"Exactly!" All the adults said at the same time. Did they practice this?  

"That's why we are going to get out of here." Whitley's father said laughing maniacally. That laugh never suited him he was just forcing it to fit in with the others.

"How? We are locked up, down here." I said irritated.

"Yes, for now." An evil smile made its way on Mr. Hatter's face. Maddox and I shared a worried look. "You four are going to a different school."