Remedial goodness 101

Christeen...

In the morning I have been shaken awake by Whitley who was a bit too hyped to be going to class today. Honestly, I could care less if I am late or not... I won't be participating much anyway so what's the point? I quickly slipped on some clothes brushed my teeth and hair (didn't forget to hide my ears and tail just in case) and strolled after Whitley to our first class. Remedial goodness 101...well, at least they don't force us Wonderlandians to attend at the school's psychologist. 

Whitley and I took seats in front of Jay and Carlos while Maddox and Cavan took theirs behind Evie and Mal

Whitley and I took seats in front of Jay and Carlos while Maddox and Cavan took theirs behind Evie and Mal. Everyone seems to be so excited to be here...sarcasm intended. The FGM started with some quiz or something and her questions are all so boring. 

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, give it a flask with potion that will make him shrink? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart? Evie." She picked the blue girl who literally jumped from her seat because she thought she knew the answer...mhm sure girl sure. 

"What was the second one?" She asked making me roll my eyes and bang my head against the table. 

"Easy there, we don't need a hole in the shape of your head here," Whitley said while braiding her hair into small braids out of boredom. 

"This is so agonizing," I mumbled just as Mal said the right answer. 

"Correct. Again." FGM said enthusiastically. 

"Oh, what a surprise," I whispered sarcastically under my breath. This is so easy just pick the ones that ain't no fun. Mal told out her secret and I just can't wait for the fight these guys will start now. 

I was just stretching myself when somebody squeaked by my side making me fall from my chair. I banged the back of my head against Carlos's desk while doing so and oh my hats did it hurt. I looked up to see Whitley staring at me while Carlos and Jay were leaning over their desk to look at me as well. 

"Are you alright dearie?" Fairy Godmother asked as I scrambled up to my feet. I rubbed the back of my head, giving a look at her. The girl that I suppose gave out that squeak was standing in front of her with a paper in her hand while looking at me as well. Glad to be making such a wonderful show for you people. 

"Yea, just...hit my head a little." I dismissed the subject not wanting anyone to worry as I sat down on my chair. I could hear Cavan and Mad snickering back there and I really didn't want to look at them knowing they were just waiting to ridicule me. While the girl talked to Fairy Godmother...who I presume is her mother I felt a tap on my shoulder making me turn around to be met with the chocolate brown eyes and freckles. 

"Are you sure you are fine...that was one nasty fall," Carlos asked a hint of worry hiding in his voice as he looked deep into my green eyes. 

"I'm fine...she just surprised me that's all. It just aches a bit...you know checking the quality of the wood always hurts somehow." I chuckled awkwardly and Carlos did too making me blush a little. 

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" FGM asked us causing me to turn around in my chair to face her. The girl that I now know as Jane blushed as she looked at us. 

"Mom, no!" 

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone." I sent her a small wave and a smile not liking how stressed out she looked. If she weren't so freaked out she could be a nice friend. But I guess she is just scared of us...maybe I could change that. I want a friend...always wanted one someone that isn't part of my weird family. Maybe this is my chance and she kinda owes me as she almost killed me with her squeal earlier. She gave me an awkward smile back and a small wave.

"Hi. That's okay, don't mind me. As you were." She once again squealed and run out of the room. Guess I'll have to find her myself later on. 

"Ahem. Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?" Is this a trick question? Jay and Carlos started battling behind me for who will answer the question. I get it we all are hungry for some praising that doesn't mean they need to kill each other. "Jay,"

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities," Jay said smugly and I could even hear the smirk on his face that he surely gave to Carlos. 

"I was gonna say that," Carlos whined. 

"But I said it first. Come here!" They both started fighting and the sudden commotion caused me to turn around only to get slapped by someone right in the face. 

"Oh, you just played with the wrong cat," I hissed and joined in on the fight. 

"Boys. Boys! I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field. And you Christeen I think will be interested in cheerleading," FGM said as we stopped fighting. I climbed down from the table and sat down in my chair. 

"Oh, no. That's okay. Whatever that is, We'll... We'll pass." Carlos stuttered out of himself while I just frowned. 

"I am not a cheerleader type of girl." 

"Oh but Christeen dear you will be lovely, my daughter Jane is part of the team and I am sure she will be happy to show you how it works there," She assured me and I guess that it somehow ended the whole topic without me having a chance to oppose in any way. 

As I was finally able to walk out of the class I walked over to my locker to put my things away. This is exhausting. My golly hats never knew to go to a real school felt like this. I have been homeschooled my whole life. But I guess it is better than sitting at home watching Mr. Catterpilar smoke his pipe whole talking in riddlish. 

"Hey, you are Christeen?" A voice behind me asked. I turned around to be met with the girl that caused me to fall from my chair today. She still looked nervous about speaking to me. 

"Um yeah...you are Jane right?" Obviously, I know who she is I just want to be um...what's that word...polite? 

"Mhm," She said timidly. 

"You know I don't bite right?" I asked with a raised eyebrow seeing as her hands were shaking just from speaking to me. Something seemed to snap in her and she started apologizing frantically. 

"Oh my gosh sorry, I didn't realize I was being awkward around you I just...you know you are from Wonderland and all but you look so nice it is kind of confusing, and I...should stop talking." I listened to her rant and chuckled in the end when she looked down embarrassed. 

"You look nice too...I was kinda hoping if you would like to be my first friend," I said the last part rather awkwardly. I don't really know if this is how you ask someone to be your friend...I never had to do it. 

"That would be wonderful," Jane grinned finally becoming a bit less awkward around me. Good, this is good we got the right way now. "Oh and my mom told me to take you to the cheerleader practice, so here is your uniform, and come on let's go," Jane said handing me my uniform and dragging me away.