Dude the dog

Christeen...

If I say that Audrey wasn't particularly happy to see me here I would be sugar-coating it more than necessary. She would kick me out of here if it wouldn't be for FGM coming over to see if I actually arrived to participate. Audrey then ever so sweetly asked me to show my skills and you know they don't call me the most agile girl in whole Wonderland for nothing. I kinda left them all speechless and even the boys stopped their training to look at me. 

In other words, Audrey didn't have much of a choice but to accept me in. She wasn't too thrilled but she had to admit that I had some talent. Well, mind you, I have been training my whole life to be able to do all those spins and stuff. 

I was now walking with Jane we just put away our things and were heading to our dorms when Jane said that she wanted to use the bathroom and as I didn't have anyone else here to hang out with I said I'd go with. Never understood this thing about girls going into the bathroom together but I guess it works...I was looking at the mop of the hair that I had on my head and let me tell you I could use some help from Whitley's magic comb. 

"I'm here," Jane said when she joined me by the mirror. She smiled kindly at me and I smiled back. Never tell the Mad gang that I said this but it feels as if I finally have a best friend. Now don't get me wrong my friends from home are fine but we are family...we grew up together and they are all older than me so they just take me like their little sister. Jane is the same age as me actually our birthday is on the same date isn't it fun? Woah...this is strange. I am being enthusiastic all of a sudden. My dad would kill me if he would hear me. Good thing he's not here. 

We were just about to leave when someone else came into the bathroom. Mal. What is she doing here? She was talking with Ben just seconds ago. That grin she wears isn't telling anything good and you can, believe me, I am the daughter of a Cheshire cat I know something about grins. 

"Hi! Christeen," She smiled at me and then turned to Jane who once again started shaking. "It's Jane, right? Ah, always loved that name. Jane." Weird? I think so. 

"That's cool." Jane grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the exit when Mal stopped us. 

"Don't go! I guess I was just kind of hoping to make a friend. You probably have all the friends you need though, huh?" The fact that Mal is trying to act sad is seriously worrying me. What does she want with Jane?

"Hardly. Actually, Christeen here is my only real friend so far," Mal flickered a look at me after the mention of my name her eyes glowing a slightly more vibrant shade of green. Oh my, what was that? That looked like neon lights that I had in my room. 

"Really? I mean, with your mom being fairy godmother and headmistress? I mean, not to mention your own, um... personality." I frowned at how Mal took a pause to think of what to say. I don't like this one bit. 

"Yes, Jane has an amazing personality so what?" Mal glared at me and turned back to Jane who started speaking. 

"I'd rather be pretty. You've got great hair." What? Ouch? She didn't tell me I have great hair. Not that I am jealous of Mal or anything. Pff...no...jealousy is stupid.

"You know what? I have just the thing for that. It's right..." Mal started listing in her spellbook and suddenly somehow my confidence seemed to fly out of the window. "... Ah, here. Beware, forswear, replace the old with brand new hair." She did some weird hand motion and Jane's hair changer from her original short ones to long wavy ones. I am not saying they don't look good because it looks really amazing but I am not sure if gaining new cool hair by magic is the best way to go. 

Jane walked over to the mirror confused and when she saw herself she gasped. 

"Wow! You almost don't notice your...other features anymore." Mal said throwing her arms over Jane's shoulders. I frowned feeling replaced here. I know that I am not Jane's friend for long but still it kinda hurts.