The truths out

Christeen...

I was lying on my bed, listening to Maddox as he divided the roles in our master plan of stealing the key. Ever since our chat with our fathers we were all pretty out of it. Mad seemed to lost all the logical thinking in his head and decided to focus on the plan because seeing the faces of our fathers, the disappointment they had in their eyes and the anger they felt was too much to ignore.

I, on the other hand, was trying to forget about the dreadful experience. I spent most of my time bonding with Carlos, Evie, and Jay. They all seemed amazing. Mal was too caught up with something, just like Mad so I really had no time to come any closer to her. Today Mad called a meeting. It's Saturday night and tomorrow there will be the family day that everyone is so excited for. Evie even made a dress for me and Whitley. She is really nice. The coronation is not even a week away and the time of the crime is nearing. I am really thinking about bailing on it if I am honest. I just...don't want to throw away the relationship I have with Carlos. Or lose Dude or Evie, or Jay or Lonnie or Ben and Mal.

And I don't want our gang to return to our old crazed ways. We are so much better like this when we have our own personality instead of what our fathers want us to be. Cavan is naturally smart. Acing all of his classes without a single effort. Whitley is amazing when it comes to baking. She realized not too long ago when she tried to make some muffins and they turned out to be so delicious. Maddox...he could be excellent in fencing if he only gave it a chance. I found my love in music and painting...such a weird thing getting your emotions out through painting or in a beautiful tune. It sounds so much better than just screaming random gibberish.

I also started to like cheerleading. I love the way people are amazed by all the acrobatic tricks I can do. And the fact that I can support the team is just a bonus to it. I actually love it here. Love the life I have. I'm myself finally, I love that I don't have to hide behind a tough exterior and let my feelings be known.

"The Wonderland is calling the dreaming kitten. Are you with us you nutter?" Maddox asked kind of angrily getting me out of my little trance. I frowned sitting up to look at the group of them, while they were hunching over a table.

"What might you need?" I asked tilting my head a little.

"I was asking if you still know how to turn invisible," Mad asked turning fully around to face me. His expression so hard you could break rock on it. Rolling my eyes I made myself disappear and like that walked over to him. I saw them all looking around not knowing where I would appear. I have to admit, disappearing is good sometimes. I jumped up to sit on the table and then made myself visible again.

"What are you staring at?" I asked causing my friends to turn around startled.

"Show off," Maddox mumbled frowning slightly. I hate seeing him this serious.

"And do we really need to do this?" Whitley asked suddenly. She was quiet this whole time and actually, this is the first time today that she spoke. Before anyone could say anything she continued. "I mean, we can't say that we don't like it here. I know that there is a reason for every single one of us to stay here and ignore all the vengeance talk of our dads." Whitley said and she had a point.

"Do we need to have this talk again?" Maddox asked annoyed slamming his hands against the table.

"Well apparently so, since the last talk like this was at the beginning of the journey and a lot has changed." I am in such awe about Whitley's newfound confidence in speech. She was never this diplomatic.

"You mean to tell me that you want to turn your back on our home?"

"You are taking it too drastically Mad, all Whitley said is that we should reconsider our actions. Not that she is forgetting from where she came. Just...we are all having second thoughts about where our home is now." Cavan explained, joining in with Whitley. Mad turned to look at me.