You are good

Christeen...

I helped Whitley zip up the pretty white dress that she was wearing for the coronation today. She looked beautiful...even more so if she would smile. But I don't blame her for being like this. My mood is really affecting her this past week and I have to admit I wasn't a pleasant person to be around. 

Through the whole five days or so, since the fight, I had with the Vks at the family day I have been distancing myself from them

Through the whole five days or so, since the fight, I had with the Vks at the family day I have been distancing myself from them. Mal and Evie were trying to explain to me something but I wasn't in for listening to their lies. Jay came by to apologize and tried to make everything right but I didn't believe him a word. And Carlos...he never came to my sight after that day. I haven't seen a glimpse of his white hair since and I am glad I didn't. The thoughts of him were painful enough I didn't need to see him. 

"You're thinking of him," Whitley remarked quietly whilst fixing her hair in the mirror. 

"Hm?" I let go of the zipper of her dress to look at her questioningly. 

"You are thinking about Carlos." I turned away from her to go grab my lavender sneakers that I will be wearing with my dress. "Don't try to deny it. I know that look far too well by now." Her hand landed on my shoulder making me look up. Her forest green eyes were staring straight at me with the most solemn look I have ever seen. 

Even if I was so horrible to her she still cares. I am sure she listened to all those nights that I couldn't stay strong and I broke down crying. How did my heart got so broken by one simple boy? He shouldn't have meant anything to me. 

"Whatever, I'll get over it," I mumbled finishing up with my shoelaces and standing up. Knocking Whitley's pale hand off of me in the process. 

"Chris, you can't just brush love off like it is nothing." 

"Oh, it isn't nothing alright. It is something...it is a huge bother, just like dad always said. Love makes you weak. Love makes you stupid and what is most important love hurts. Love hurts so much that even the worst torturing wouldn't be able to compete with it. LOVE is useless," I finished my hatred filled speech, quoting exactly what my father had been screaming into my head since I was a little girl. I should have listened before. I should have never allowed myself to feel something. Madness is the only right way. 

"Chris, you don't mean..." The doors of our dorm opened before Whitley could finish her sentence.

"You guys ready?" Maddox asked, wearing an unsure facial expression. I gave a quick look at myself in the mirror and sighed. Somehow I am gonna miss clothes like this. So simple and soft. Wonderland should have a fashion change, no wonder people are mad there.