Getting there

The drive down was a quiet one , due to Josh's medication he was extremely drowsy and his fluffy head fell asleep rested on Chris's shoulder as soon as they started driving . Chris smiled when Josh did that , his little snores were adorable to him .
When they were about twenty minutes from the beach Josh began whispering in his sleep , alerting Chris that Josh was starting to have a night terror . "Hannah!" Josh screamed in his sleep twitching like a maniac . Chris sighed , the wendigo had calmed but Josh's mental heath was taking a turn for the worse this past week , almost every day Josh had begun to have panic attacks now , and he suspected the hallucinations were somehow worsening . Chris parked the car in a lay-by as Josh thrashed in his sleep his arms jumping around as if he was having a seizure . When he had parked  Chris shook Josh hard enough to let him escape from the torture of his dreams .
Josh felt himself be jolted awake , away from the screaming wendigo with the butterfly tattoo that stalked his dreams every time he closed his eyes . "Chris?" He murmured his voice slightly muffled by the hospital mask . "I'm here bud , you okay ?" Chris said , he himself knew what Josh was going through in the weeks after The event , before he found Josh ,Chris had suffered extreme sleep paralysis and insomnia . But when he began to nurse Josh to sanity Chris's troubles began to melt away with Josh's taking over his own . Josh smiled at Chris the corners of the plastic mask crinkling as he did so ." It's all good Cochise let's get going" . Josh said happily but Chris detected a frightened undertone in his friends excited voice .
When they arrived at the beach Chris pulled into an empty space next to a red convertible, Josh instantly recognised it as Emily's. He gulped feeling the terrror build up . "C-C-Chris " He murmured. "What if they hate me ?" Chris looked at Josh and just exited the car , going round to open Josh's . Chris's large rough hand cupped Josh's pale bony one and he smiled at him ."Whatever happens I've got you" They walked down the gravel path hand in hand , Chris carrying the bag of meat and Josh carrying the swimsuits . Josh tugged at the mask uncertainly with his spare hand to make sure it covered the grotesque remains of his smile ; he hated what those mountains had done to him . By a rather large cave , Josh recognised his old friends : Mike still looked like a Greek god but his hand only contained two fingers instead of five , Jessica was still the blonde bombshell Josh had come to know but her chest was now patterned in thick ugly scars , Ashley looked like the same sweet girl but her face now seemed emotionless and raw , Emily still looked like the rich bitch but she looked somewhat bigger and her shoulder was matted with scar tissue , Matt looked happy as if nothing ever happened to the Jock and Sam , sweet Sam looked gorgeous her hair was waving in the wind but her Arms and ankles were covered in burn marks from the fire . Josh whimpered .'This is all because of you" Hannah taunted in his head . Josh whimpered and gripped Chris's hand tighter . "It okay " Chris reassured him and began walking towards the group . Josh buried his hands in his pockets and ducked his head down in his baggy shirt as Chris shouted to the group of friends . They all turned around and faced Josh . All of there eyes were on him!