Boyfriends ?

Josh woke up in the morning his head pounding . Chris's arms were wrapped around his skinny frame , holding him tight as if he never wanted to let him go . A smile formed on Josh's face as he felt Chris's warm breath on his shoulder . He carefully unwrapped himself from Chris and walked to the kitchen . His mind was foggy and his memories from the previous night were blurry so he guessed he'd had another episode last night . Josh sighed as he poured himself a cup of black coffee before sinking into the couch. He was about to turn on the television when the home phone began to ring next to him . Cautiously, he picked up the phone and answered it . "Hello?" He said , his voice sounding half asleep. Rapid breathing greeted him from the end of the line . "Anyone there?" Josh questioned, confused by the silence . "Josh?" A familiar voice questioned quietly. Josh rubbed the sleep from his eyes , trying to decipher who was talking to him . "Joshy is that you ?" The voice questioned again . His heart suddenly dropped only three people he knew called him that , Chris , Sammy and his mum . "Mum?" He mumbled , panic settling in his stomach . He heard his mum gasp as he answered . " Honey , are you okay ?" She whispered. "I'm getting there " he bluntly responded, unsure on what his mum actually knew about his situation. "Chris told me .. um after he found you ... that you was different now , but I love you son so much " She said lovingly . Josh felt a tear drop from his eye at her words ; he missed her . "I love you too mum " he mumbled holding the phone as if his mother was actually inside it . "Are you going to come home "She whispered, hope in her voice . His heart dropped . "I can't mum , I'm sorry but being here helps " he said , choking up a bit . "Okay honey , but promise me you'll visit soon , if you're well enough?" She whispered down the line . Josh wanted to see her but he didn't know if it was even possible for him to be around her . "I promise , I'll speak to you soon mum" he replied , feeling a panic attack begin to rise to the surface . "Okay son" she said in a loving tone before hanging up the phone . As soon as the call ended choking sobs began to rack Josh's body as he struggled for breath . Even his own mother described him as a different person from the man he was before Blackwood . Tears poured down his face as his body shook with pure anxiety . "Josh?" A sleepy Chris mumbled entering the lounge . As soon as his eyes saw Josh's terrified body , he instantly ran to his side , engulfing the shaking boy in his arms . "C-C-Chris " Josh gasped hiding his head in Chris's Chest . Chris shushed him and held the poor boy stroking his hair until the panic attack passed . When Josh's breathing returned to normal he stumbled from Chris's bear hug and began routing through his rucksack. "What are you looking for Josh ?" Chris asked confused at his erratic behaviour. Before Josh answered he pulled out Chris's packet of cigarettes and lit one quickly , coughing from the smoke as soon as he inhaled . "What's happening Josh ? Are you hallucinating?" Chris asked sympathetically . Josh quickly shook his head breathing in the nicotine. " My mum rang " Josh whispered his breath hitching as he took another drag . "What did she say " Chris asked grabbing Josh's spare hand . " She wants me to visit and she loves me ... b-but how can she love me when she sees what I am now " Josh whimpered clutching Chris's hand . "We'll visit her when your ready and she's your mum she should love you no matter what , boo" Chris said . Josh suddenly began laughing . "Did you just call me boo?" he giggled cupping Chris's face with his hands softly . Chris nodded sheepishly his face turning red as Josh's lips appeared on his , softly kissing him with endearment. "I love you " Josh whispered , his scarred lips twisting into a gigantic smile before feeling an ounce of dread in the pit of his stomach realising he'd said it out loud . "I-I love you too " Chris mumbled pulling Josh in another massive bear hug . Josh giggled engulfed in Chris's warm arms ,"Does this mean we are boyfriends now ?" He murmured into Chris's musky scent , dropping the end of the cigarette into his coffee cup . Chris smiled his eyes gazing lovingly into Josh's, "definitely "he said bluntly . All of a sudden The sound of a doorbell rang through the room . Chris groaned and stumbled to the door . "Who's there" Chris shouted instead of opening the door like a normal person . "Guess ?" A manly voice replied in a fake accent . Chris was extremely confused unsure on who was there but decided to open the door anyway . Mike was stood in the doorway , looking like an an absolute idiot . His hair had streaks of red in it and he was wearing a bright yellow hoodie . "What are you wearing man ?" Chris laughed taking in his attire . Josh watched Chris from the sofa , pulling a blanket over his scarred mouth as soon as he saw Mike . He watched cautiously as Chris invited Mike into the house , did he not realise he was wearing nothing to hide his wendigo features . " Hey man !" Mike laughed dropping onto the chair opposite Josh . Chris stumbled behind him , mouthing sorry to Josh as he sat next to his boyfriend. "Hi " Josh mumbled from under the blanket . Mikes eyes flicked from Chris's worried expression to Josh's glazed over eyes . " Am I missing something here as I'm getting really weird vibes ?" Mike question suddenly laughing awkwardly. " Wait Chris do you have anything I can eat I'm fucking starving ?" Mike rambled . Josh stared at Mike confused and noticed that his eyes were really  bloodshot . "Are you high ?" He questioned from under the fluffy blanket . Mike spluttered with laughter , waking towards the fridge pulling out a strawberry yogurt . " Yeah man " he smirked sitting back in the chair , spooning out the yogurt with his pinky finger . Chris laughed " Mike it's 11am ..." . Mike smirked and wiped his mouth with the hand with the missing fingers . "It helps with the trauma?" Mike joked , still giggling away at himself . Josh opened his mouth to say something , when the blanket slipped away from his face revealing his disfigured features . Mike's eyeballs looked like they were about to pop out of the sockets as he took in Josh's monsterous features . "Holy shit balls ..." Mike gasped , staring at Josh as if he was a failed science experiment. Instead of backing away in fear Mike leaned closer to Josh , his eyes transfixed on Josh's scarred mouth with gaping whole in the side of his face revealing sharp canines like the ones he saw on Blackwood . "Josh what the fuck ..." Mike mumbled , his eyes scanning up Josh's face , noticing his clouded over eyes which were frozen in terror . Chris gulped and grabbed Josh's hand noticing how his boyfriends claws were digging into the leather sofa . Mike noticed this and stared at Josh's claws with a mix of terror and confusion. "Bro What the fuck happened to you ..." Mike murmured .