Beer

Mike looks towards the sheepish Chris with a confused expression upon his face ,"We have two more bags full but wait what happened to the steaks man" he said . Josh shrunk into Chris as Chris murmured  something about dropping them in a cave . His fake green eyes scanned over Mikes , sensing if he could tell but Mike just shrugged and laughed ." Still a klutz then Chris?" He smiled and then gestured for them to start walking back . As they emerged from the opulent ocean , Sam looked down at Josh and started laughing . " Seriously you went swimming in jeans ?" She giggled . Josh laughed realising in his moment of madness he had forgotten all about his swimming shorts . " Well you only live once ' he smirked at her . Almost immediately the haunting hallucinations of Hannah whispered in his ear " Beth knows that for sure  " in the most menacing tone . Josh gulped but pushed her harrowing voice to the far corner of his head . Josh felt himself zone out for a moment as he slowly built up his charade of sanity . "Soooo Mikey what's been happening with you then ?" He said in the chillest tone he could . Mike smiled and began talking about how he and Jess had moved in together and how she insisted on everything being sparkly , no matter how manly he wanted the apartment. "She has you whipped !" Chris joked , resulting in a glare from Mike . " Well not whipped enough to not be allowed Wolfy!" He smiled . Josh itched his head ..." Um who's wolfy ?" He questioned . " Ohhh I think you'd gone by then ... on the mountains I kind of befriended a wolf " he said as Sammy and Chris laughed . "Wait wait like an actual wolf " Josh said , slightly tugging on the elastic string of his mask . "Yee man , you'll have to meet him " Mike smiled and then looked foreword and saw Jessica , trying her best (and failing) to light a bbq . "HERE'S JOHNNY!" He joked running up to his girlfriend and pulling her into a tight hug .
Josh smiled seeing his friends happy ; at least he hadn't totally screwed their happiness up . Chris grabbed his hand and began walking his friend towards the group . Matt and Emily were sat on a checkered rug murmuring argumentatively, Ashley was helping Jessica with the bbq , her face turned completely away from Josh's . Josh heard Sammy laugh next to him as she grabbed his free hand and pulled them down onto a spare mat . "Still want that beer Josh?" Matt smiled (pretending the awkward situation didn't just happen) . Josh nodded as he threw him one from across the sand . Josh quickly caught it with his inhuman reflexes , making Sammy chuckle as it was kind of impossible for him to have caught that if he was still the old Josh . "Someone's been practicing " laughed Matt as he thew his ball in the air . Josh smirked and opened the bottle on a nearby rock . Then he stopped and went closer to Chris . " Cochise how am I gonna drink this with the mask ..." he whispered . Chris looked startled and then it seemed as if a lightbulb lit up in his head . " he smiled ,"I have an idea Joshy"."Shoot guys , I left my phone in the car ! Josh can you go get it ?"Chris announced loudly so everyone could hear . Sammy smiled and piped up "Oohh I left my wine , I'll go with you " She giggled ;embedding herself in Chris's lie . Chris quickly threw Josh the car keys , which of course he catched  with his perfect reflexes as he felt Sammy begin to drag him up to the car .