Why did you hurt him?

As soon as Josh entered his father's house the smell of bleach and cigarettes overwhelmed his senses . Bob Washington  had always been obsessed with cleaning  , OCD is what Josh had always thought , but he also smoked inside . Every spot of the apartment was spotless and white , but  the dining room table was scattered with books , papers and his father's notes . Josh slowly walked towards it and realised every single one of them was centered around the wendigo and the history of Blackwood pines . "See you've noticed my research then?" Mr Washington said,  before sitting down on the black leather chair at the end of the table . Josh grabbed a seat , a tremor running through his hand as he pulled it out.  "Yeah..." he murmered , unsure what to make of it . He went to pull the sunglasses from his face,but the light stung as soon as the sunlight hit his eyes so he instantly  changed his mind. "I thought we should create a timeline of the events which happened on blackwood whilst you was there ; I've already found the records of the sanatorium and the events of 1952 , but I want your story to be prominent in this project " His father said professionally . Josh gulped and went to grab a pen and paper but his hand was shaking to much he couldn't even hold the pen correctly . He noticed his father's worried  expression  and sighed. " Sideffect , why don't I tell you and you write it down ?" He muttered .
For the next hour and a half , Josh re-lived the worst  moments of his life . From his sisters disappearance,  to Hannah dragging him into the mines. All whilst his Father made notes , jotting down each and every excruciating  detail . When Josh described the prank he had planned , he watched his Father's face twist into a grimace,  making his guilt begin to rise up again . He hated himself  for making his friend's go through that and he hated himself even more for the rest of his devious plan he hadn't even been able to follow through with . When he finished his story , Josh looked down towarfs the floor , his face a tortured mask . Mr Washington looked up at his son , a confused expression on his face . " I have one question?" He said slowly. " If Chris was passed out when the prank on Hannah happened , why did you hurt him the most ?"
Josh gasped and ran his shaky fingers through his hair . He went to speak but a growl left his lips instead,  making his father look at him in shock . 'Not now ' Josh thought to himself and tried to regain his words .
He went to speak again . " I-I-I Don't know , I think its because he wasn't there when I was struggling" He managed to say , his voice scratchy . Mr Washington  nodded solemnly  and reached out to grab his son's  hand . Josh grabbed it,  feeling a sob choke out of his lips ; he'd never shown this much emotion  around his father . He looked down , not wanting to see whatever expression  was on his dad's face , and at that precise moment his phone pinged in his pocket. He tore his hand away from his father's, uncomfortable with the closeness, and read the text . A smile spread across his face as he replied instantly. "Whats cheered you up?" His dad questioned,  confused about what was going on . "I'm going to spain in two weeks apparently , Emily and Matt are getting married "  Josh giggled , sniffing his nose quietly. 
His dad pondered how exactly Josh was going to make it through customs when a thought popped into his head . " Josh , I know I've been a shitty father , but I think i know one thing that could  count towards making it up to you ?" Bob Washington stated , a smirk forming on his bearded  face . Josh perked up , confused. 
"How would you and you're friends like to use my private Jet to go in ? My pilot is very relaxed and won't question you about the mask or anything ?" He said , sounding very proud of his idea . Josh was amazed , he knew his dad was extremely wealth but he'd never even heard of the fact he owned such an expensive vehicle but then again the man did purchase an entire mountain.  " Thankyou! Of course I'll tell Chris when he arrives!" Josh shouted , his voice extremely hyper .
They spent the rest of the afternoon  , making notes about what would be included in the movie and what Josh didn't want people to know . They decided all names should be changed and the wendigo should appear completely different - with antlers like some stories of them suggest they have and fur upon its Shoulders instead  of hairless . Then Josh had one final request ." Dad ... instead of me becoming this , I want my character to be killed in the mines " Josh whispered  . His dad looked shocked but nodded slowly ." Why?" He muttered. Josh gulped . " I hate what I am,  its torture at least in the movie ill get a good ending and  I'll be with Beth " he murmered , his voice cracking as he said his sisters name .
Mr Washington went to speak ,then there was a loud knock on the front door.  Josh quickly sped to the door , to avoid his father's pity .
Chris was standing there , a lopsided grin on his face . " Ready to go Joshy?" He questioned , smiling at Mr Washington  after . Josh pulled his boyfriend into a hug , craving some affection . Chris held Josh for a moment and without thinking Josh told Chris that he loved him. 
Mr Washington didnt even know his son was gay before that moment but then it clicked in his head . He walked towards the two boys and patted Josh on the back .
Josh spun around, nervous of his father's reaction. " I know why you did it Josh ..." he whispered . Josh felt his heart pound against his chest. He looked his father dead in the eyes and whispered why .
" You targeted him because you was in love with him and that made you want to hurt him as you felt he didnt care about you Josh , but obviously he did all along ...."