Prologue;

Prologue;

-3rd POV-

It was late at night, the moon was high in the sky and the trees danced gracefully in the cool wind. Baby Mikaelson was finally safe at home....but not for long everyone knew the witches would come for her for as long as she lived.

Klaus knew what he had to do to keep his princess safe until the time was right...they needed to convince everyone that Baby Mikaelson had died, this way know one would look for her. They needed to send her away while they stayed behind to fix the mess they created and then when the time was right Baby Mikaelson could return to them, but until that day came the world needed to be convinced that the princess was forever lost.

But of course they couldnt just send her away too anyone just in case she was found they needed to be sure she would have someone to fight for her. And Klaus knew the perfect person for that.

His baby sister.

He couldnt think of anyone on this world that he trusted more with the life of his daughter, so he did exactly that.

Just before dark Elijah and Hayley spent their time at the memorial of the people they lost the night before including Baby Mikaelson, they needed to make their mourning public to be able to convince them whilst Klaus took the child and met his little sister somewhere far from New Orleans making sure no one followed.

Pulling up to the place Klaus waited in the cool air, leaning against his car as he admired his child sleeping peacefully in his arms. He had never seen anything so delicate and innocent before and he mentally promised to never ruin her the way his father ruined him.

It was only a few short moments before an emotional Rebekah arrived and stepped out of her small car to greet her big brother and niece.

"Hello sister" Klaus spoke a small smirk playing on his lips as Rebekah smiled and reached out to gently stroke her nieces sleeping face. "She looks like her mother.....maybe there is a god after all" Rebekah spoke quietly, starring at we niece with admiration and love making Klaus smile a genuine smile for the first time in a while.

"But she has a hint of the devil in her eyes, that all me" Klaus replied making Rebekah smile at him, it was the few moments like this that both Rebekah and Klaus cherished because it was the few moments where they weren't fighting each other they were fighting for eachother.

"You need a witch you can trust to cast a cloaking spell" Klaus reminded Rebekah for the 40th time and Rebekah just sighed, nodding. "I'll get one" she told him again and he took a deep breath in "no one can ever find her" he said sternly and Rebekah nodded seriously.

"I know what to do Nik" She reminded him, she knew he was scared but he needed to trust her and he did but he was just nervous about his daughter. Smiling Rebekah looked down at her niece as Klaus did the same.

"Perhaps we'll get a white fence I think that'd be lovely" Rebekah said as she felt her eyes watering, finally after a thousand years everything she ever wanted was happening. Slowly Klaus fixed his hold on his princess and held her in front of him as his eyes too began to water although he'd known her for only hours she already meant so much to him.

"This city would have seen you dead. But I will have it your home" Klaus began, his voice breaking as he realised this could be the last time he will see his daughter for a very long time.

"And every person who wishes you harm will be struck down and just as sure as my blood runs through your veins you will return to me" He spoke as a tear rolled down his cheek letting his emotions get the better of him for the first time in a while. Gently he brought his lips down and touched her forehead lightly aswell as her cheek before gently handing her over into Rebekah's waiting arms.

Fixing her hold on her niece Rebekah held her close to her chest and for the first time in forever she truly believed that everything was going to be alright, it may not be right away but it will be soon.

Slowly as Rebekah kept her eyes on the child Klaus reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small wooden knight on his horse and placed it on top of his child making Rebekah gasp quietly as tears finally began to roll down her cheeks as she started at the all too familiar toy.

Her mind instantly ran back to the night Klaus had given her it. It was thousands of years ago when Rebekah was merely 5yrs old herself and afraid of a simple thunderstorm, that was the night Klaus promised to always stay with her and he did.

"Despite our indifferences Rebekah there is no one I would trust more than my daughters life" Klaus said as Rebekah sobbed quietly and thats when he did something he hadnt done in what felt like forever to Rebekah.

He leaned closer bringing her into a small hug while kissing he temple slightly, pulling back Rebekah smiled at her big brother while wiping the tears from her eyes. "Be happy sister" Klaus told her and Rebekah nodded, looking at her niece for a few moments before looking back up to meet Klaus's eyes.

"She'll be happy Nik i promise" Rebekah said and Klaus smiled because he believed that she really would. "Whats her name?" Rebekah finally asked while bouncing her in her arms gently making sure she stayed asleep.

"Hope.......her name is Hope" Klaus said after a few moments of thinking as a tear rolled down his cheek once more and that was when he finally understood everything Elijah and Rebekah said.

This baby really was their family's Hope.