Chapter 3;

Chapter 3;

I sat motionless on my bed, feeling the warm sun hit my face, I hadnt slept a single bit or even moved from this position...all I did was think.

Slowly I brought my hand up and tucked my hair behind my ear before, slowly moving and sliding off of my bed, feeling it dip as I stood up on my feet. Feeling the cool floor beneath me.

Quietly I made my way out my door, and down the staircase, my hand gently running over the railing.

"Hope.." I heard Rebekah's concerned voice say and I looked over to see her standing at the bottom of the staircase with a concerned and sadden look.

"So I read it" I said huffing and I watched as she held out her arms for me and I instantly stepped into her without hesitation feeling as she gently wrapped her arms around me and I did the same.

"It didnt say much, but at least it was something" I whispered, my voice breaking as she shooshed me and stroked my hair.

"How about we talk later when we're alone" she suggested and I pulled away from her slightly and looked at her confused....why arent we alone??.

But all she did was smile and motion towards the lounge room, confused and I released her and stepped around, walking towards the lounge room.

"Matty!" I exclaimed as my eyes met familiar big blue ones.

"Hey" he smiled and I ran into his arms, hugging him close as he did the same. Matt was Rebekah's I guess you could say boyfriend though he lives a few hours away in some town Mystic Falls. He has these big blue eyes and golden blonde hair and is seriously the sweetest person you will ever meet.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, smiling widely at him and he laughed while ruffling my hair like usual. "am I not aloud to just visit you guys withoutba reason?" He questioned and I smiled while shaking my head.

"We've missed you! Since you were last here" I said and he gave me a half smile and ran his thumb over my cheek bone and pulled me into one more hug.

"Ive missed you too kiddo" he said and I scoffed. "You're only 3 years older than me remember that" I reminded him and he rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah whatever" he said laughing before quickly walking past me too where Rebekah stood patiently waiting.

Rebekah and Matt really are your picture perfect couple almost like a real barbie and Ken. I remember being little and Matt used to tell me all these fascinating stories about his life and what hes gone through including being obsessed with by Rebekah.

They were both the most important people in the world to me, and they're the closest people I have too parents.....and I know it maybe sounds selfish but I want no I need to see my real parents.

I need to leave as soon as I can, tonight maybe....yes tonight is perfect because I can use Matt to distract Rebekah...oh I really hope they dont hate me afterwards.

"Hope you two dont have any plans for tonight because your going out on a date" I announced loudly and they both looked at ne confused before shaking there heads, laughing slightly. " I dont know Hope, and plus where will we go" Rebekah said and I waved them off.

"Anywhere you want, maybe Matt could choose and surprise you I mean come on guys you act more like a married couple then just a fun teenage couple. You guys have gotta go out sometimes and enjoy each others private company especially since Matt doesnt come here very often" I persuaded and they both gave each other a look before turning back to.

"You have a point there" Matt admitted and I smirked in accomplishemnt, well that was easier than expected.

"Well ill leave you too it" I smirked and headed upstairs into my bedroom leaving them to enjoy each others company.

Shutting the door behind me I made sure I locked it before grabbing a small backpack and began to pack everything that was important to me.

" What are you doing?" A male voice spoke making me jump and spin around only to find Henrick laying on my bed, watching me curiously.

"Packing all my important stuff" I whispered to him making sure I wasnt to loud incase Rebekah or Matt heard.

"Why?" Henrick questioned and I sighed, why does he always appear during the worst time. "Because im going to New Orleans to find my parents" I whispered while packing the letter, one of Matts shirts, my special necklace, a small wooden soilder on a horse and my phone including charger.

"And I take it that Rebekah doesnt know considering your whispering" he said while looking at everything I packed and I noticed him continually starring at the necklace and toy. " Apparently my dad gave me that before he gave me to Rebekah" I said holding up the wooden toy, admiring it.

"It used to be Rebekahs, Niklaus made it for her when they were little, and that necklace used to be Rebekahs too" Henrick said and I smiled at him before placing them both back into the bag.

"Do you think im doing the right thing?" I asked him honestly and he shrugged while leaning back, placing his hands behind his head. "Honestly no, I mean what if it still isnt safe for you" Henrick said and I rolled my eyes while shoving the bag under my bed incase Rebekah or Matt walks in.

"Im not a littke kid anymore, I can take care of myself" I remined him and he just shook his head. "But you dont know what your going up against and what these people are capable of" he said and shrugged.

"Yeah well neither do they" I snapped and he didnt say anything else instead we fell into a comfortable silence. Slowly I sat on the edge of the bed and began going through exactly what I was doing....Henricks wrong its the right thing to do im sure of it.....maybe.....eghhh I dont know.

Looking over at my bed I wasnt surprised to see Henrick had dissapeared, he does this alot. Randomly shows up at the worst times then dissapears moments later.

Looking around my room I noticed it was still only early in the day so there wasnt exactly much I could do at the moment.

Stepping off of my bed I grabbed the candle I always kept in my draw and placed it on the ground, and sat cross legged in front of it.

Closing my eyes I took a deep breath in an focused all of my energy on the candle. Opening my eyes slowly I looked directly at the candle focusing everything in me on lighting.

Heaving a sigh I kicked the candle over annoyed, I cant do anything right! Egh. This was impossible.

"Keep trying" a male voice spoke behind me, making me jump and spin around but relaxed as I saw Matt standing in my door way with a smile on his face.

"Ive been trying for months its impossible" I sighed and he shook his head while walking in and picked the candle up, before placing it gently in front of me again.

"My bestfriend Bonnie is a witch. And I know that it took her a long time even with help to get it. So for you to try doing it by yourself, with no teacher, its going to be hard" he told me and I shrugged while looking down at the candle in front of me.

"I dont even think iam one" I admitted and he scoffed making me glare at him. "You're related to some of the most powerful witches, if you didnt inherit anything ill be shocked, remember pratice" he said and I nodded while smiling at him.

"Thanks Matty"

"Anytime kiddo, love you" he said and I smiled widely at him.

"Love you too"