Chapter 5;

Chapter 5;

The sun was slowly starting to set and so far I had exlplored nothing around New Orleans, nope not a single thing. In fact I havent even left the bar since I arrived.

Cami and I had spent the whole day getting to know eachother and I made sure to keep most of who iam a secret. I learnt that Cami had a twin brother who went crazy and killed about a dozen people before killing himself and not long after the same thing happened to her uncle.

She also told me how for months she was afraid the same thing would happen to her but with the help of a friend she said that she quickly overcame her fear.

I told Cami about my home life, living with my aunty (leaving out who exactly my aunty was) and how I didnt know who my parents where and I even told her about my horrible high school experience which was odd since I hadnt even told Rebekah, I just felt like I could trust Cami, dont ask me why.

Today I have also learnt that Cami is a caring, kind, warm hearted person who wears her heart on her sleeve, will always put others before her and will stop at nothing when it comes to doing what she feels is right.

"Its getting late you know, you should probably get to where you're staying before its dark. The streets of New Orleans become dangerous once the sun goes down" she told me and I mentally cursed myself, I completely forgot I have no where to stay and no money left.....fek.

"Oh..right where im staying, I actually dont know where im staying"  I informed her awkwardly while scratching the back of my neck and she just looked at me confused.

" Your aunty didnt book a hotel for you?" She asked then a sudden look of realisation crossed her face and she tried to give me a serious look but I could tell she was trying not to smile.

"You ran away didnt you" she stated and I awkwardly laughed and smiled at her innocently and she just rolled her eyes while pouring herself and me another drink.

"Well theres no way im going to let you walk out of here knowing that you have nowhere to go. I live alone so until you find a place you can stay with me" she said and I shook my head.

"No, no I couldnt dare intrude" I said and she just hushed me and I smiled at her. "Im not asking you to stay with me im telling you that you're staying with me" she said and I laughed at her while nodding and smiling a genuine smile.

I really liked Cami. She was really sweet and spoke to me like I was a friend not some little kid, it pisses me off when people do that.

"I'll start closing up and we can leave in 5?" She said and I nodded while downing the rest of the drink. "Sure, ill wait outside for you?" I asked and she nodded before dissapearing someone while I grabbed my small backpack and pushed myself off of the stool and swung it onto my back.

Adjusting the strap I pushed any odd strands of hair from my face then walked towards the exit, opening the door I walked out into the cool night air, New Orleans was different at night as it was during the day.

At night it seemed all that more alive, the town was lit in bright lights with young adults dancing, laughing, kissing ect. It was even more beautiful.

Looking around the town I took in every small detail, soaking it up before Cami comes.

Taking a few steps forward I admired the town, turning to look at it from all different angles but regretted it as I collided with a body.

Freezing, I looked up at a very sophisticated man with neatly done brown hair, hazel eyes, sharp cheekbones and was wearing a denim coloured suit which made me kinda scared...he looks fancy and important, hes gonna yell at me!!! Eeek.