Chapter 2;

Chapter 2;

Before I knew it the sun was setting and I realised I had spent the whole entire day sitting there talking to Henrick.

"Oh shit! Rebekah is going to be furious" i exclaimed, jumping up onto my feet and brushed off any dirt and grass that clung to my clothes. "Okay okay fine, I'll see you soon Hope" Henrick said smiling as i looked away for a moment only to find when I looked back he had disappeared into thin air almost like he was never even there to begin with.

Shaking my self back into reality i quickly ran back the way i came, running through fallen leaves and under large tree branches until finally coming out at the end of my street. Quickly I ran up the street, the only sound that could be heard was the sound of lawn mowers, cars parking and my shoes hitting against the hard concrete.

Finally reaching my house I opened up the gate and ran over to the front porch leaving the gate to slam shut behind me as I swung open the door and walked inside, closing it quietly this time in hope that maybe I can trick Rebekah into think ive been home longer than I actually have been.

"Hope! Mikaelson!" I heard her voice yell and i cringed before slowly making my way further through the house preparing myself for the hour long lecture she was most likely going to give me about how i shouldn't leave the house without telling her where im going or how I should have called to say I would be out all day ect. ect. -.-

I got about half way through our entrance area before Rebekah turned the corner in front of me and stood there silently with her hands folded in front of her as she literally starred into my soul I swear!!. "Sorry lost track of time" I apologised but her expression didnt change instead she just continued to stare at me making me fidget.

Awkwardly I just fiddled with my hands not daring to look at her. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I sighed and relaxed my body into hers, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her close as she did the same. "im sorry" She whispered and I shrugged as I closed my eyes and hid my face in her mob of blonde hair.

"You didnt do anything wrong" I answered honestly and it really was honest she didnt. She was just being protective like a parent should be and I cant hate her for doing her job.

"Its me who should be sorry because I just snapped and took all my anger out on someone who didnt deserve it" I said pulling away from but remained only arm length away and she smiled at me. "you get that from your father" she said and I smiled while chuckling sligtly.

"Look Hope I know its hard for you not being able to do what normal teenagers do, trust me i know. You forget that im still a teenager too I never got to grow up." she said and I nodded, yeah i do seem to forget that a lot which isnt fair for her because she's still a kid too well physically that is.

"I know its just it hurts not knowing who my parents are you know. I dont even know if they want to know me as much as I want to know them. I just hate not knowing" I admitted and she smiled slowly before her eyes widened as realisation crossed her face making me look at her confused.

"I have something! your mum wrote it the day you were born, a letter I was meant to give it to you when you were old enough i still have it" She exclaimed making my eyes widen as she suddenly ran out of the room and up the stairs as I excitedly walked into the kitchen and sat on one of the chairs around the island.

Within a few short moments Rebekah came running back down stairs with a small, old piece of paper that hadnt been opened for years. "here, take it its yours and I think it'd be better to read it in private" she said handing the paper to me which I took hesitantly before giving her a smile and slow nod as I walked passed her, up the stairs and into my bedroom.

Walking in I turned my light off and shut the door behind me as I sat down on my bed, crossing me legs while starring nervously at the paper in front of me.

Just read it, you've been waiting for something like this for years!

My brain kept yelling at me but I dont know it just scared me I guess and made me nervous.

Taking in a deep breath with shaky hands i began to unfold the letter only to come face to face with neat cursive handwriting making my heart race. One of my parents wrote this for me! The most i know about them is there names and what things I took from after them and now I actually hve a letter that one of them wrote!.

Im a miracle child who is able to get anything in the world, why am I so afraid to read a letter from my parents!?.

Closing my eyes for a few seconds I took a few more breaths in and out before opening my eyes finally and allowed my eyes to read the writing.

'Dear Zoey, or Caitlin or Angela.

To my little girl.

Your dad just asked if this was a love letter and I guess it kind of is. I never got to know my mother and I have no idea what she must have felt when she carried me. So I thought I would write to you to let you know how happy iam at this very moment, how much your father and I cant wait to meet you.

And I want to make you a promise, Three things you will have that I never did. A safe home, someone to tell you they love you every single day and someone to fight for you not matter what, in other words a family.

So there you go baby girl, the rest we're gonna have to figure out together. I love you.

Your Mum.'

By the time I had finished tears were rolling down my cheeks as I slowly folded the letter back up and placed it on my bedside table. Quickly I wiped my eyes with the back of my sleeve as I processed everything I had just read.

You know I thought that once I had read that letter I would have some type of closer like I would finally be able to accept the fact that I may not meet them for a very long time or maybe even never and that I should just get over it.

But all its done is do the exact opposite because now I have this burning inside me telling me that if they wont come for me I have to go to them no matter how long it takes I need to meet them at least once and thats exactly what I'll do.

I'll go back to New Orleans one way or another and find them, it doesn't matter if its still not 'safe' for the me the miracle child because im older now, stronger, wiser. Im not some little kid, I can take care of myself and the witches have no idea what kind of power i possess.