Chapter Seven : The Practice For The Battle Of The Bands

Both Class 1-A and 1-B have doubts on the 3rd band. For one, they both have Jiro and Kendo, two of the best of their respective classes when it comes to music. While on the other hand, Midoriya and Yanagi are the odd ones in the band. But nonetheless, they practiced as hard as they can. Gladly, they don't have classes from Tuesday to Friday, for the preparation for the Battle of the Bands.

All of the three bands spent the free time to practice for the event. All of them wanted to win.

For 1-A, it was Bakugo, Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, Todoroki, Uraraka and Ashido. They were in the common room, having a meeting.

"Okay bastards, now that I got your preference in music, let's now discuss what we will perform on Saturday." Oddly, it was calm, for Bakugo's standards. The rest then diligently listened to him.

"Should we have a mix of punk rock, alternative rock and add some slow pace songs?" Yaoyorozu said. She wanted to have a chance to sing, so a particular someone will hear her voice.

"But why with a slow pace songs?" Mina asked, as the rest wondered. Bakugo just let them voice their opinions.

"Yeah, does those types of songs doesn't fit with the Battle of the Bands, or it does fit? I don't know." Uraraka said. She has no clue on the Battle of the Bands thing.

"Love songs fits well, if we started a bit mild on our songs list." Kaminari stated.

"I just want to see Midoriya hear me sing." Todoroki said. He doesn't care if they win or not, as long as Midoriya will hear him sing, his day will be complete.

With this, it lead to Bakugo cut the love songs entirely. He has no confidence at his members to pull it off, except for one of his classmates, his childhood friend to be exact.

"Fuckers, let's just focus on rock." He said 'calmly', the rest listened.

"Sure..." Yaoyorozu frowned. But she thought that there will be a way for her to sing a love song for someone.

With that, Bakugo finally thought of the bands that they'll cover.

"So, we'll mix some Panic! At the Disco, GRANRODEO, and FLOW. Any objections?" Bakugo then saw no one objected.

Everyone frowned that there will be no love songs, but Bakugo has a reason why, A LEGITIMATE REASON!!!!

'Deku, I hope you're okay with this. I still can't forget what happened 3 years ago. I hope you've move on. I hope.' He thought. He was about to think of 10 songs to play, until Yaoyorozu received a message.

"Kendo just recently send this, we need prepare 5 songs." Yaoyorozu then show the message to the rest.

"Perfect." Is all Bakugo said, smirking as he knew victory is certain, but his heart felt unease. He knew it's still painful for him, and he knew Midoriya set this up.

He just hoped that by Saturday, he'll see the "Balladeer of Mustafu" again.

And with that, the representatives of 1-A practiced vigorously to win.

---------------

As for 1-B, Shiozaki, Tokage, Kodai, Rin, Awase and Kaibara are quite confident at their chances to win. They're at their dorms common room, discussing on their song list.

"So, are you guys ready?" Rin asked. They're quite aware of Kendo's music background, and they have an idea on how good Jiro is. But Yanagi and, painful for them to say, Midoriya are quite a dark horse in their group.

"I hope God will give us strength to perform well. And give our opponents strength as well." Shiozaki then beamed with light. Her classmates always thinks she has two quirks, based on how common lights beamed every time she says something holy.