Chapter Twenty Four : My Newfound Light

A/N: THE CULTURAL FESTIVAL ARC FINALLY STARTED IN THE ANIME!!!! The OP was beautiful, as it looked like Jiro is the MC of the series. I kept replaying it for like a 100 times now, and I still wanted to play it more!! I'm happy for that. I wanted to say this here because of reasons(as you'll see in the next A/N).

---------------

Midoriya, Asui, Uraraka and Kirishima are at their supplementary class. Since the Work Studies lasted for a week, Aizawa decided that they will take supplementary classes after the Work Studies. But since the raid, it was tough for all of them.

Right now, they have a 30-minute break. So, the four decided to have a chat.

"So Midoriya, how are you feeling?" Kirishima asked. He is concerned at Midoriya after he heard what happened during his fight against Overhaul.

"I'm fine. T-Thanks for asking Kirishima." He smiled at him and waved his hands. But the three weren't convinced.

"Deku, we're worried you know. After your outburst that time, we know you were hiding something." Uraraka gave her own thoughts. Even though she has a crush on him, he is still her friend. So it is natural to be concern to your friend.

"Yeah Midoriya, to be honest, I never saw you looked like a broken person. Sure you cry a lot, but during that time, your face looks... sad. I wanna help too, so tell us please." Asui added. She cherishes her friends a lot, and Midoriya's one of them.

Midoriya couldn't help it but to tell them the truth. He couldn't hide this anymore. Once he told them, he felt a weight was finally lifted and removed from his back. He needs to thank Kendo for making him more honest to himself. He also told them his situation with Jiro.

"Sorry guys, but yeah, I have that life. So when Toga showed herself as a member of the League of Villains, it devastated me. I had a guilt in my heart ever since, because of me, she became a villain. That's what I taught. But Itsu, and all of you, are here with me now. I know this sounded selfish, but at the Cultural Festival, will you help me guys?" He said. He was crying, but he gathered up the strength to not stutter on every words he said. But this was met with a hug by the three.

"YOU'RE SO MANLY!!! THAT RESOLVE OF YOURS IS SO MANLY!!! OF COURSE WE'LL HELP YOU!!!" Kirishima shouted while shedding manly tears.

"No prob Deku!!! I'm your friend after all." Uraraka said with a fake smile on her face.

"Sure. I mean, this is an IzuJirou fic after all. Took too long for this to happen." Asui said it blatantly. The three didn't understood her. "Sorry, what I mean is that if you have the resolve to do it, then we'll help you, that's all." She rephrased of what she wanted to say. This eases the three. 

Midoriya then recalled that event, his fight against Overhaul. It was a hard fight, but he kept remembering it for one moment.

---------------

"You puny rat!!! Eri is not something for you to use!!! You don't get her real value!!!!!" Overhaul shouted, as he just fused himself with Rikiya. He is now dead on sight of killing Midoriya, with One For All Full Cowling 100%, with the help of Eri. "This won't happen if you just peacefully gave Eri to me. Now I have all of the reasons to kill you!!!!"

Midoriya just looked at him, with sadness. He couldn't tell if he will feel sorry for him. But he just tortured a child, a child that has no knowledge of the world, other than being used as a supply of Chisaki's drugs. She is nothing but a Deus ex machina for his schemes. She is not a human being in his eyes.

"Eri, your quirk is not a curse, but a blessing." He said, which resonates thru Eri's heart, and started to shed tears. "Overhaul, you said that I don't know Eri's true purpose? But the thing is..." He then looked at Chisaki again, this time, with rage filled into his eyes.