Chapter Five

I roll out of bed, mumbling about how I'm going to smash my alarm into a million pieces. I rip the cord out of the wall not wanting to deal with it anymore. I drag my feet into the bathroom, numbly turning the shower on.

It's five in the freaking morning! On my day off!! It's only this early because I'm a idiot and procrastinated all my packing till now.

I strip my over size tee off and hop into the ice cold shower. I let out a squeal as the freezing water hits my back. I take a leap of faith and submerge myself in the ice water. I have to bite my tongue to keep myself from squealing again as I start to wash my hair. In nearly five minuets I'm out and dressed in Xavier's sweats and a tank top, I'm washing my face when my phone goes off.

I go over and glance at it to see my moms name pop up. It's been nearly two weeks since I caught her with that man, and since then she's been on a "business" trip out of state. I roll my eyes in disgust and go back to what I was doing.

I start to gather all my toiletries and make up, throwing them in a big pile. I grab my menstrual cup quickly realizing my period is supposed to make its appearance this week. I've already noticed a few cramps and such sneaking up on me. I brush my teeth and cap all my stuff. I decided to take my straightener and some other hair products.

I run into my room and throw all my swim suits on my bed, deciding it's best to take them all. Me and a bunch of friends are renting a big beach house a few hours away for a week. We decided we needed something to remember this summer by and this is what everyone came up with. How we convinced our parents to let a big group of teenagers to rent a house a few hours away with no adults, I have no idea, but we did! I rummage around for my big suit case, when I finally found it my room is in shambles. I roll my eyes at the disaster I've created and continue to look for clothes.

I decided to bring one pair of jeans, four pairs of shorts, and two dresses. I bring three hoodies and a ton of spandex and some sweats. As I'm shifting through my shoes I hear a knock on the door, I allow them in as I continue to look for my sandals.

"Ella, oh my! What the hell did you do to your room?!?" I turn around to see my dad standing in the door way, his face revealing his annoyance. I shrug as I continue to look for my sandals, and throw my fist in the air when I finally uncover them.

I smile triumphantly at my dad as he rolls his eyes. "Ella, um I just wanted to make sure, you um are going to be smart on this trip. I know Xavier is going on this trip and y'all are almost eighteen but please be-" I cut him off with my laughter. I had fallen on my back making a loud thump as I hit the hard woods, a loud cackle leaving my mouth.

He rolls his eyes at me once more deciding to give up on his attempt at serious talk and he leaves. I wipe my tears away and continue to pack.

Damn my dad thinks I'm that stupid, I mean I've never had unprotected sex ever, and I ain't starting now. I roll my eyes once more at my dads ridiculousness. I quickly go through and fold/ throw my clothes into the suitcase. I put my extra stuff into a smaller bag, and I grab all my shoes, my air force ones, my Birkenstocks, and my extra sandals. I slip my birks on and I grab my backpack, putting my camera, phone charger, and portable charger. I also grab my laptop and laptop charger along with extra memory cards for my camera. I skip down stairs with my extra bags, I snatch my hydro and fill it with water, I also find my thermos and put some good old fashion coffee in it.

I wheel my bags out towards my jeep, popping the trunk. I toss my bags in there, besides my backpack, and I check for my AirPods and car keys, once I make sure they are on me I hug my dad good by and head off to grab everyone else.