Chapter Twenty Seven

I'm sitting in class, waiting for the day to end. Don't get me wrong I have great classes, it's just the people.

They give me weird looks or roll their eyes when I say something. I'm pretty much the complete outcast of my classes, except in year book. In year book my friends they had a serious conversation with my about the baby and after I cleared things up it's been smooth sailing. But in my other classes my teachers have caught on and let me just do my own thing, I'm just trying to graduate that's it.

Once the bell rings I'm the first one gone, Xavier is picking me up today and we are going to work on the house a little. My uncle texted me already says all the windows are in and that they look great! I'm so ready to start ripping that wall between the living room and kitchen down, it'll make the house look huge!

Once I make it down the steps of the school I see Xavier, he has this huge grin plastered on his face when he see me. I run up to him and collapse into his chest, his arms instantly wrap around me and he buries his head in my neck.

"You ready to get working?" I look up and smile, he grabs my bag and puts it in the back seat before opening my door for me.

"Well thank you kind sir." I give him a courtesy before hopping in my car. And as he walks to the drivers side, his smile never leaves his face.

When we get to the house the first thing I notice are the new windows, they look great! It really makes the place look better. But it makes the yard look more rundown. "Honey, we really should like invite our friends over to do yard work for us" we both crack a grin at that, agreeing that the yard needs some work.

Once we get in the house, we measure what we want gone and make a solid line going were we want. Xavier handles the power tools, cutting the holes in the sheet rock so we can see if it's do able. As we start to figure out how we would have to do this, I realize we have to buy a huge beam to go across the top.

"How would we do that without breaking something or ourselves!" We think for a little and then we see a family of five get out of a truck across the street. The man looks like a heavy worker and the woman looks like any good mom, caring. You can tell Xavier and I had the same idea when we look at each other.

"Soooo Xavier! You wanna talk with him?" He rolls his eyes and grabs my hand before marching out our front door. As he takes me across the street the couple notices us and they smile kindly.

"Hey! Are y'all the new neighbors?" We smile nodding excitedly. "Well we were just going to head over, introduce ourselves and see what y'all want to do to your new place.

"Well you guys are welcome to come see." So the Wilsons as they said come over to our new home, we gave them a little tour saying little things we want to do in every room. Luckily the really expensive part is out of the way, the windows costing a little over ten grand total.

When we get to the walk way, Todd, we learned his name, said something about a beam he has that could work for this, and he'd even help Xavier install it.

"That would be amazing, we really appreciate it." Todd says it's his pleasure and he'll go load the beam up in his truck since it's pretty hefty. His wife stays and asks me if I want help taping the rooms off and taking lights out.

We get to work quick, the boys doing their own thing and us too.

"So, how old are you two?" I don't look up when I respond, slightly afraid to see her reaction.

"I'm eighteen and he's seventeen, he turns eighteen in a month or so." I glance up slightly to see her nod.

"How long have you two been together?" I smile thinking about the past four years with him. We were little middle schoolers when we met and now look at us.

"We've been together for four years now. We started dating in eighth grade." I see the corner of a grin on her face.

"That's so sweet to see you guys so close still. Me and Todd have been together for nearly twenty five years, we started going out when I was fifteen." We continue to talk about young love as we finish taking off all the light switch covers and outlet covers.

The boys have installed the beam and are working on Sheetrock at the moment, and we are taking all the trim off in the back bedroom.

"Is this going to be your guys room? So the baby can be next door." I nod as we pour the white paint.

We talk about kids, and how excited me and Xavier are. We even talk about finances and how me and him were able to afford the house.

It was really nice to have the help, and there kids even came over and helped us paint for a little. All the rooms were white by the end of the night, and our heads dizzy with fumes. We thank our new neighbors and exchange numbers before heading home.

We talk about the house the whole ride back, and our new neighbor friends. We talk about plans for painting the babies room and we talked about the living room and where on earth we were going to get furniture.

When we walk through the doors his mom is there.

"So, where have you two been all night?" She's obviously upset, and I'm not sure why because I asked Xavier to tell her we would be out. But, when I turn to him I realize he forgot.

His face is pale, and he's making a total "oh shit" face. I smile at his mom before telling her we were looking at places we could live in when the baby was born.

Her face softens, "Darling you guys can stay here as long as you need, I don't want you rushing out with no help or anything." We thank her before heading to the kitchen to join his family for dinner.

What a close one.

---------
Hey guys! Chapter twenty seven! What do you think?!? I'm pretty excited for the up coming chapters !
Hope you and your families are happy and healthy!

Love MadisonMarie