Chapter Ten

I twirl a strand of hair around my pointer finger as Xavier taps his fingers on the dashboard, "what should we do today?" He glances over at me, shrugging his shoulders. I pull out of his drive way, deciding a drive would help us think a little more.

"Ok Love, you get the aux, just please pleaseeeeee don't play any of the alternative crap I can't stand it, I love you but damn." He gives me his take on puppy dog eyes, but I just roll mine and keep driving.

"How do people make up these stupid road names? Like what the hell is prandom?" I bark out a laugh as we turn the corner, that's when I see it, burgerville!

"Xavier! We need to go to burgerville! Oh my lord is that a petco?!? Xavier we need to go!? Please?!" I beg as I drift into the parking lot, I'm practically jumping up and down in my seat as I swerve into my newly claimed parking spot(don't drive like this at home kids). Xavier doesn't get much of a choice as I leap out of my jeep an sprint into the little restaurant. I'm rolling on the balls of my feet when Xavier walks in, he is shaking his head as he laughs at my excitement for food. He's the kind of boyfriend that remembers your every order, so when he walks up to order I'm not too surprised.

"Hi, can I get a tillamook cheese burger, but could you switch the mayo out for the burgerville sauce?" The lady nods her head as he continues on," an could I get two medium mocha perk shakes and a large fry?" She nods once more as she looks up, she gives him a flirty smile as she asks if it's for here or to go. I cut in by lacing my hand around Xavier's arm and saying here. Her disappointment clear on her face as she takes the twenty-fives dollars and hands us our receipt.

I skip to a back table as I wait, my legs bouncing up and down with anticipation. He smiles over at me, his huge grin lighting up his face. I give him a peck over the table an take his hands, rubbing my thumb over the back of them.

"Xavierrrrrrrrrr I'm so excited for my food!!!! I can't wait! Can you wait?!? Cause I can't wait!!" He laughs at my childish ways. I'm mid sentence when my seat starts to bounce, I sit there for a minute hoping for it to stop, but when it doesn't I whip around as fast as I can to be met with two familiar faces.

"Jay?!? Adrian?!? What are you two doing here?!? Xavier what are they doing here?!?" They both freeze as they realize they have been spotted.

Adrain try's to cover his face with his hood an Jay just puts her head down, Jay mumbles something to Adrain an they both start to stand up. "Don't you dare try to leave, y'all got some explaining to do!" Their heads fall an they sit down next to us.

They both sulk as I tap my fingers on the table, giving them the, "one raised eyebrow," look. Jay looks up, she glares slightly at Adrain before she starts on her cover up story.

"I swear I bumped into him here an he asked me if I wanted to sit down with him an eat! I swear Ella that's all it was!!" I raise my eyebrow just a little higher before shaking my head back and forth. I turn towards Adrain giving him a little shove in the shoulder.

"Why didn't you just tell us that you had a date with the oh so beautiful Jay?" A blush creeps on his cheeks as he goes to explain. I put my hand up signaling him that their is no need for an explanation. I push them out of our booth an tell them to finish their date, right in time actually because our food shows up.

I'm stuffing fries and my mocha perk milkshake in my face when I notice Xavier staring at me. "Xavier? Are you ok?" He nods, but then shortly after his head drops and he's shaking it no. I go to put my hand out but he's already standing.

"I'll meet you in the car, k?" My gaze catches his, his lips are quivering and his eyes are watery. I grab our milkshakes and burgers, running to catch him.

"Love, Xavier! What's wrong?" I toss our stuff in the car, turning towards him seconds later. His watery eyes have left tear stains down his cheeks, I start to wipe them away with the pad of my thumb. Oh my sweet boy, I don't know why he's crying, but something is hurting him. I pull him in, letting him rest his head on my shoulder as I rub his back.

"Love," he pushes his head into the crook of my neck," you know I love you a lot, right? You know that you can tell me anything, I just don't want you to be sad sweet boy. I love you." I kiss his temple as he nods. His whole body is shaking, it's like he's terrified of something, or stressed? I'm not sure which one it is at the moment.

"El, I- I'm," he takes a deep breath, trying to steady his breathing," scared El," I let my head fall slightly. My stomach starts to churn an my eyes get watery. I shake my head slightly giving him a kiss on the cheek as I continue to rub his back.

"Me too love, me too."

--------------
Hey guys!! Sorry it took so long for me to update! And for it being such a short chapter! I was kinda having a hard time deciding what I wanted to do with this chapter, but in the end I think it worked out pretty good! I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to like and comment down below how you feel about their situation and how you would react!

Love, madisonmarie