Chapter Seventeen

She's younger, a lot younger. But I smile nonetheless when she calls our name to the back. When we walk in she greets us with a hand shake and asks how far along I think I em.

"I believe I'm about twelve weeks along, right love?" He gives me a smile before nodding. She's taking my blood pressure as she nods.

"And you're eighteen?" I nod, she gives me a smile. "That's how old I was when I had my twins, they are literally the love of my life." My smile grows as I hear that.

"How were you able to go to medical school and take care of them?" She looks up, giving me a big smile.

"Well, my family was very supportive of me, I had moved out already when I found out I was pregnant but I did most my classes online, and then the class I did take in person my mom would watch them, and when I worked I could luckily take them to work." My head feels like a bobble head by the end of that little story, I just continued to take information in. "Don't let anyone ever tell you just because you're a teen parent you can't follow your dreams, it just means you'll have to take a different path. Now I'm married and have four kids, my twins are twelve and my youngest two are four and five."

The smile never left my face as she talked about her family, you could really see how much she loved her kids as she spoke, her eyes sparkled and her smile grew as she brought them up.

"Thank you, I think you're just the doctor we needed." She smiles nodding before getting straight to work. She follow procedure, letting us know the risks because of our younger age, and she even told us about ways we could get financial assistance which I appreciated highly. She gave us her phone number and then we finally got to hear our babies heart beat.

My eyes watered slightly, a strong steady heart beat could be heard, and I couldn't have been happier. She gave us our ultrasound pictures and then recommended some parenting classes and some things I should avoid throughout the pregnancy. She gave us both a hug before we walked up to the front desk to schedule our next appointment.

Our appointment ended smoothly our next appointment in a month or so, and our baby healthy. We laughed and sang silly songs the entire way back to Xavier's house, not as worried to talk to his mom as before.

When we got inside the house his mom was cooking dinner, she smiled at us as we walked in, she motioned for us to sit at the island, I thanked her as I took my seat.

"So, how's the baby?" We both smile going into how our baby is happy and healthy, and we even showed her the pictures. She smile at us and said she wanted to ask us some questions a little bit later but for now we could go hangout for a little.

So we went upstairs and laid in bed for a little, Xavier rubbing my tummy as we talked about the future. We were going to be parents, and maybe we didn't know this at the time but it would be our biggest blessing in the entire world.

--------------
Hi guys! Thank you for all the votes and I hope y'all are enjoying it! I'm honestly so excited to see where this book goes and I hope you are too!

Love madisonmarie