Chapter Thirty

It's been weeks of working on our house trying to make it a home. We've spent hours working on Sheetrock with Todd, and painting with his wife. It's all finally coming together inside, but that yard, it needs some major help.

So on this fine Sunday afternoon, Xavier, Adrian, Jay, and I are over to the house.

"Damn, this yard does need some help." We are pulling up in front of the house when Adrian comments.

"Well we've been kinda busy on the inside." We all kinda shrug before getting out to grab the rakes out of the back.

Being October in the northwest part of Oregon means you can't see the ground. It's covered in all different types of leaves, pine needles, and even dead shrubs.

We get to work, the leaves won't clean themselves up!

"So when do you guys think you will move in?" Jay asks curiously.

"Well hopefully some time around Xavier's birthday, so we can have time to settle in before the baby is born." They nod before getting back to work.

It probably takes us two to three hours to get the front and back yard all cleaned up and bagged up. The lawn needs mowed now, but we don't have one so Xavier heads over to Todd's house to ask if we can borrow his.

"So, are you two excited? You're going to have your own place!" Jay asks, she has a huge grin spread across her face, glancing at Adrian as she says it.

"Well, I'm excited about everything honestly. I'm going to be a mom, I'm going to have my own house, and I'm finishing senior year off with online school!"

"That's still so crazy to me, you're going to be a mom." I nod excitedly before explaining my pregnancy journal.

"I got the goods!" Xavier screams as he crosses the street on Todd's john deer lawnmower. He stands up waving his hat around in circles like a cowboy, "GIDDY UP PARTNER!!" I roll my eyes before I break into a fit of laughter.

"Ok cowboy, we're going inside so don't be too long!" He waves his hat at us before starting on the lawn.

We go inside, I start with a tour showing Jay the place, and Adrian what we've done to it.

"Mostly we've just painted everything and fixed light fixtures, my uncle installed new windows, and Xavier and Todd widened the entrance to the kitchen."

We walk through the house a little more, talking about things we'd like to do, where the babies room will be, where our room will be.

"So are you guys keeping both cars?"

"Ya, we want to both be able to commute at the same time, we thought about getting two car seats though, so we wouldn't have to take one out."  She shakes her head, processing what I'm saying.

"It's still crazy El, you're going to be a mom and we aren't even out of high school yet, it's insane." I laugh, I one hundred percent agree with her.

I was talking to my yearbook teacher about it, I always wanted to be a mom, maybe not this soon, but I knew I would be. But, I don't think there is a perfect time to get pregnant, specially as a teen.

I always thought I'd have my nice husband and and dog in our bigger house in the suburbs. We'd have the white picket fence and roses and a garden out front. I just thought I'd have my life together, not that I'd have to scramble to get it somewhat put together. But, I'll make it work, I always do.

"Well El, it's getting kinda late and it looks like Xavier is done so could we start heading home?" I look out the front window to see Xavier walking across the little street, a huge grin on his face. We make sure to turn everything off before we leave and I lock the door.

I give Xavier a kiss before jumping in my car and getting ready to take everyone home.

I drop Jay off first, wishing her a good night before going to Adrian's.

"Is she ok Adrian? She seems off." He shrugs slightly, he looks just as concerned.

"She's just afraid you aren't taking this as seriously as it is." I shake my head slightly before wishing him a good bye as well.

The rest of the car ride is silent, when I pull into the driveway I turn to Xavier.
"What do you think that means?" He raises a brow at me slightly, confused about what I'm talking about.

"You know, what Adrian said about Jay, she thinks I'm not taking this seriously, Xavier. But, but I feel like I em. I literally dropped my social life to work, and I'm not doing one of the most important things to me, I'm not running, I lost my fucking dad because of this, I feel like I'm taking this seriously. Why can't other people see this?" Tears stream down my face as I pour my heart out, all my hurt and confusion all in one paragraph.

He takes my face in his hands, wiping my tears with the pads of his thumbs and kissing my cheeks. "Ella, other people's opinions don't matter. You feel like you are doing the right thing, that's what's important, that's all you need, yourself. I need you to believe in yourself just as much as you need to believe in yourself, if you don't this will get a lot harder for you baby."

I nod, and give him a kiss before trying to collect myself. "Ok deep breaths deep breaths." He rubs the back of my hand before we go inside. No ones awake so we go straight upstairs to the bathroom.

What a day, just what a day.

----------------------
Third chapter in a day?!? Wowie! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Love, MadisonMarie