Chapter Thirty Two

Today is the day, our house is finally where we want it. We haven't gotten furniture yet but the remodeling for the most part is done.

I love how our house turned out, we have a large back yard and one weekend me and Xavier went out to the house and built raised garden beds along one side of the house. That weekend Mrs. Wilson also helped me plant flowers in the front yard and Todd surprised us by building us a fence! It was the best surprise we could have ever gotten.

It's really becoming a home, all we need is furniture, but before that happens we want to show Xavier's family.

We decided we wanted to surprise them before we even bought the house, we decided we wanted to surprise them because we wanted to really show that we could figure this out, prove that we kinda have an idea of what we should be doing. It's also always been a dream of mine to buy a house young, so I'd been saving since I got a job.

But today we told them that we wanted to take them to this new restaurant we found so we all piled into my car. Xavier's family is big foodies so they were obviously excited, we didn't want to let them down so we post mated some really amazing Chinese food from one of Xavier and I's favorite restaurants.

"So where is this new place even?" Xavier's brother asked, "We seem to be going through a bunch of neighborhoods."  I look back at him through the review mirror.

"It's in a smaller area, I'm pretty sure it's run out of the family home." He nods slowly clearly seeing through my lie. But Xavier's parents don't seem to have noticed the conversation, his dad being asleep, and his mom spaced out on her phone.

As we pull onto our street I start to get kind of nervous, hoping that they like our house, and what we've done to it.

"We're here!" Dave, Xavier's dad, jolts awake and his wife jumps slightly at m sudden loudness.

"Where are we?" Kathy asks as she steps out of the car.

"Well, this is our house." Xavier and I wait for it to settle in before they start freaking out.

"Oh my god!! You guys got a house? How? When? Why didn't you tell us?!?!" Kathy is just spewing our question after question and we laugh nervously.

"Oh well, we wanted to surprise you, so we fixed it up a little bit with the help of our neighbors!" They nod, clearly surprised and excited for us.

"Well what are you two waiting for?!? Give us the grand tour!" Dave says ushering us up our porch.

"We don't have furniture yet, we just finished all the things we actually wanted to get done so furnishing it wasn't something we wanted to do yet." They nod, obviously sick of waiting.

I unlock the door giving them the grand reveal.

"Wow you two, this is amazing. Xavier, Ella, this really is so great, we are so proud of you two." Xavier beams proudly and I smile shyly.

"Well do you guys want to see the rest of the place?" Xavier asks as he starts to lead them towards the bedrooms.

We show them our room, which isn't much but Kathy had lots of decorating ideas, so she's definitely going to help with furnishing the house.

When we show them the babies room Kathy is practically vomiting up ideas, she's bouncing off the walls, and Dave just shrugs at us slightly. When we show them the other room they ask what we are going to do with it and we kinda just shrug.

"We are hoping to have two kids but not just yet so for now it's probably going to be an artsy room." They nod, understanding not wanting just one kid.

We show them the bathroom and kitchen living room area before taking them to the backyard.

"Wow, this is huge!" Xavier's brother, James, says. We smile excited that they seem to like it.

I show Kathy the garden beds as Xavier takes the boys to a large oak tree in the corner, talking about making a swing or a tree house in it.

"So how do you like it Kathy?"  She smiles squeezing my hand slightly.

"I love it, you two did amazing. I know you guys will make amazing memories here." I thank her before giving her a hug.

The Chinese food gets here right as we head back inside. "Foods here!" Yells Xavier, James says something about being starved and we dig in on our living room floor.

"So, we did record the process of getting and fixing the house up if you guys would like to see?" I ask, they all say yes.

We roll the clips and start the little movie. I'm really proud of all the things we accomplished in such a short time period, and to see it play back and to show it to my family makes me even more proud that I'm able to share it.

They congratulate us and say they really like the place, and ask when we are going to start moving in.

"Well we want to move in closer to Xavier's birthday so that we have winter break to settle in, but we still would like to spend Christmas Eve night at your place if you're ok with that?"

"Oh you guys are always welcomed! Besides James is still living with us so It's fine!" Dave chuckles slightly as Kathy throws her oldest son under the bus.

"Hey! I'm going to college! I didn't want to pay living fees too!" We all laugh as we start cleaning up to head back to their house.

We lock the door and start the car ride back home, a lot of ideas on our mind.

I'm so excited to finally have my own place with Xavier and our future baby.

----------------
Hey guys! Two chapters in one day! I'm pretty proud about that honestly. Let me know how you guys feel about this chapter! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Love, MadisonMarie