~Chapter Eight~

I began to walk home from school and was still in the school parking lot when a car stopped to my left. I turned my head to see Billy and Max.

"Get in" Billy yelled. Max hopped into the back and I slide into the passenger seat.

"So I have a party I need to make an appearance at tonight and I need you to come" Billy explained. I sighed knowing him driving me was not just to be nice.

"I'll go for like two hours tops" I said. Billy lit a cigarette and took a puff before blowing the smoke out.

"Fine" Billy said rudely.

"Are you guys dating?" Max asked from the back seat. Billy and I in unison turned around and yelled "no". She sunk back in her seat regretting asking the question in the first place. As Billy continued to drive I ran my hands through my hair regretting agreeing to going tonight.

"Meet me at my car 9 o'clock" Billy requested as he stopped in front of my house. I hopped out and watched as he pulled into his driveway across the street.

I did homework and ate dinner before I got ready for the party. It must have been a special and elite party because it was happening on a Monday and Nancy wasn't invited.

I curled my hair and threw a dress on before sneaking out the front door to meet Billy at his car.

"Hurry get in" Billy whispered as I opened the passenger door. He quickly peeled out of the driveway and drove off.

"So what's so special about this party?" I asked.

"It's invite only and mostly seniors" Billy said. He looked rather handsome tonight as he wore a white button up with all but a few buttons undone. His leather pants cling to his legs. His cologne was strong, almost strong enough to mask the cigarette smell that lingered in the air.

"We're here, stay close to me and keep your mouth quiet" Billy threatened. I gulped before getting out of the car. He leaned against the hood of his car lighting a cigarette before wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

We walked in and immediately I felt like all eyes were on us. People stopping conversations to take a glance at us.

"Hargrove" a guy yelled cheerfully. "Glad you came and you brought-"

"My girl" Billy introduced me as. Another guy came over and handed both Billy and I a cup. Inside the liquid had to be a concoction of different alcohols and juices.

"I won't drink if you want too" I said making sure one of us was capable of driving home tonight.

"Nah I'm not in the mood you can" Billy shrugged handing me his cup as well. I chugged the two in one second before discarding them on a free counter space. We walked outside to the pool and sat in a chair.

"Sit on my lap" Billy whispered. Thankfully I had a little alcohol in me to or else I wouldn't have been so agreeing to just sit on his lap.

"Who's house is this?" I asked Billy. Both the outside and inside of the house was completely trashed and the party had just begun.

Billy ignored my question and just puffed on his cigarette. A few minutes into sitting outside and I began to shiver as the November air was quite frigid at night.

"Let's go dance" Billy said lifting me off his lap and pulling me back inside. The whole time we danced Billy had his arms on my waist. I honestly didn't mind having this kind of attention, maybe it wasn't smart of me to be involved with Billy but it didn't matter in a few short weeks I suspected Billy would fake dump me for a the girl of his dreams, the one his playing hard to get with.

"I'm going to grab another drink" I whispered into Billy's ear before heading off towards the kitchen.

"Phoebe?" I heard a voice call as poured the drink from the punch bowl into the cup. I turned to see Steve standing in the doorway.

"Steve? What are you doing here?"

He laughed, taking a second to breath before responding with "this is my house and my party. How'd you know bout it?"

"I brought her. Hope that's not a problem?" Billy asked, he was standing behind Steve.

"Who the hell invited you Hargrove? Cause I don't remember doing it myself" Steve snapped

"Watch It Harrington, you and I both know I can beat you up in one go" Billy said pushing Steve out of the way and grabbing my hand.

"We're leaving now" Billy said dragging me through the house. I quickly chugged the drink, throwing the empty cup on the floor before stepping outside.

"Billy let go" I slurred pulling my hand from his grip.

"C'mon you're drunk and my dad will be pissed if he sees you in my car in this state" Billy said ushering me into the car. He drove fast down the road stopping a few houses down.

"Shit" he muttered hitting his hand against the steering wheel.

"Is everything okay?" I asked

"Can you walk home from here?" Billy asked. I looked around and saw my house was about 7 houses down. I opened the door and stumbled out of the car. Billy turned his car off and placed my arm across his shoulder helping me walk towards my house.

"Is your dad home?" He asked me.

"Yeah but he's probably asleep in the living room. He refuses to sleep in the bed without her" I mumbled. Billy slowly opened the front door and ushered me upstairs. He placed me on the bed before tucking me in and leaving the house.

I heard his engine and saw him drive the Camaro into his driveway. Just like last time his dad came storming out of the house and dragging Billy inside by his ear.