~Chapter Thirty One~

Beep...Beep....Beep

I opened my eyes to see I was in a hospital room. A nurse walked in with a clipboard in hand.

"Oh good, you're awake. Let me get the doctor" she said scurrying out of the room. A few minutes later a few more people in scrubs and gowns walked in.

"Do you know your name?" The man asked as he shown a light on my eyes. I thought hard about it.

"Phoebe Miller" I said.

"Good and do you know where you are?"

"Pittsburgh" I said. The doctors began to chat softly amongst themselves. A man walked in, one that recognized.

"Dad?" I said as he approached my bedside.

"Phoebe oh I'm so glad you're okay"

"Where's mom?" I asked looking to see if she was walking in. My dad gave a glance to the doctors before looking back at me.

"Don't you remember, she passed away two years ago" my dad softly said.

"Your daughter believes she's still in Pittsburgh, we believe she had amnesia, her recollection of Hawkins doesn't exist" the doctors explained to my father. I looked at the bad on my wrist to see Hawkins Hospital written across it.

A women dressed in men's clothing along with her three children walk in.

"Dan how is she?" She asked.

"She doesn't remember" my dad said to the lady who was clinging on to his arm. The eldest of the children stepped forward.

"Hey Phoebe how you feeling?"

"Who are you? Who are you all?" I asked confused by the all the new faces.

"She might need time to remember, she was pretty intoxicated when she was brought in last night" the doctor explained.

"I wanna go home" I mumbled.

"Okay you can go home soon" my dad said stroking my hair.

"What happened to her?" The woman asked the doctor. The doctor escorted my dad and her into the hallway with the remaining nurses and staff.

"El can you see what happened to her?" The youngest boy asked. The girl walked up and held my hand closing her eyes. Blood began to trickle down her noise.

"Billy, fight, car" she muttered before opening her eyes and wiping her noise.

"She and Billy got into a fight at a party. She was walking home when a car came out of know where and hit her" the girl said.

"Who's Billy?" I asked. They all turned to look at me concern and sadness in there faces.

My dad and the woman walked back in.

"You're going to be okay Phoebe, it's going to be okay" my dad repeated. "You guys want coffee?" My dad asked everyone shook their head no as he exited the room.

"She got into a fight with Billy at the party last night. She was hit by a car" the youngest boy spoke out to his mother.

"El did you see what the fight was about? Or who was driving the car?" The woman asked the child. She shook her head no.

"I know it was about Tucker" the oldest said. "He was challenging Billy yesterday in school for king of Hawkins. Phoebe must have been involved or something?"

"Hey Phoebe it's us. El, Will, Jonathan and Joyce" the woman softly said pointing to each of them.

"I'm sorry I don't remember" I cried.

"Hey shhhh it's okay" she said rubbing my arm.

"I just want my mom" I said, they all looked around.