~Chapter Ten~

After English I headed to science where Billy didn't show up. I worked on the project alone and was almost finished with it, just needing to make a couple more planets for our solar system display. After science, was when things got a little more interesting at school.

As I walked outside to join Nancy and Jonathan for lunch I suspected nothing of the stares I was getting from people. I just assumed it was about this morning or just me being Billy's "girl".

"Hey guys" I greeted the two who like always were plopped on the hood of Jonathan's car. Nancy looked unpleased to see me.

"You may be new here but in Hawkins friends don't steal ex boyfriends from friends" Nancy spat, she had a look of anger in her eyes.

"Whoa, I'm not trying to have Steve" I said placing my sandwich back in the bag and moving closer to Nancy and Jonathan.

"Oh so then what's this one on one game I heard about in gym next period. Apparently its Billy vs. Steve. Oh and the winner's prize is you" Nancy hissed.

"Nancy you have to believe me" I contested but it was no use. Nancy stormed off leaving Jonathan frazzled. He flashed me a weak smile before chasing after her, his bag barely flung over his shoulder as he sprinted into the school.

My head fell into my hands. In this moment I really needed my mom's advice. I was only here for a week and I now have two guys fighting over me, one friend mad at me and jealous girls gawking at me.

I threw away the remaining lunch I had packed and slowly headed to gym class. I didn't even bothering changing for gym wanting to avoid the locker room all together.

The whistle blew and both Steve and Billy walked onto the floor.

"Listen up" Billy yelled. "King Steve Everyone. King Steve"

"Just play man" Steve announced. It seemed like the almost the whole school skipped class to come watch this one on one game as the gym was filled with more people than normal.

The ball was dropped and Billy immediately tackled Steve to the ground, starting the first of many tackles. I winced every time Billy pushes, tripped or smacked Steve.

"C'mon asshole let me see what you got" Billy teased. Steve was drenched in sweat and clearly out of breath whereas, Billy looked calm and collected. He took the ball dribbled it over the basket before shooting under his knee, scoring a point.

"Woooo" he screamed as he landed back on the ground. He walked over to Steve who was still on the floor, mumbling something as he lifted him up only to push him back down. His eyes then met mine and his finger motioned for me to follow him.

I swiftly got off the bleachers and followed Billy to the locker room. I waited by the exit door as he got changed.

"Here wear this" Billy said handing me his jean jacket. I put the jacket on and was immediately engulfed in his cologne. He wrapped his arm around me and pushed the door open. People whispered as we left the gym.

We walked outside and to his car waiting for Max to skate over. Billy glanced at his wrist watch.

"She's late" Billy ranted. Me not knowing how to respond I kept quiet and just stood next to Billy. A minute later Billy came skateboarding over on the car.

"You're late" Billy spat, Max looked mad.

"Sorry I was having a question about homework answered" Max replied. I could tell she was lying but Billy seemed to believe it.

"You know next time you'll skate home" Billy said as he climbed in the car. I let Max get in first before sliding into the seat.

"I hate this shit hole" Billy stated as he strummed on the steering wheel.

"I've only been here a week and I wish I was back in Pittsburgh" I mumbled.

"I don't mind it" Max said. Billy turned around.

"You like it?" He said as he rolled down the window, the air smelt like absolute shit. I pinched my nose and rolled the window up to stop the stench from entering.

"Why are you defending this place?" Billy asked Max through the rear view mirror.

"I'm not"

"Who's fault is it that we moved"

"Yours" Max mumbled slightly too loud. Billy became even angrier he pressed his foot on the gas pedal.

"Billy slow down" I yelled as I clung on to the side of the door.

"SAY IT! Who's fault is it" Billy spat at Max.

"Billy you're going to hit them" I screamed pointing towards three kids who were on bikes. Billy just laughed and kept at his speed.

"It's Max's new friends. Bonus points if I hit them in one go" Billy psychotically yelled.

"Billy" I yelled pushing the steering wheel to the left to avoid hitting the children. He laughed as Max and I looked quite scared.

"Billy what the fuck is wrong with you?" I said confused. One moment we were driving peacefully and the next Billy almost killed three kids.

"I'm mad because she's the reason we're here" Billy stated.

"I don't think I want to continue our little plan" I whispered afraid of another outburst. Billy just shook his head to the music ignoring my comment. We pulled into his driveway. I got out of the car and grabbed my bag about to head across the street when Billy softly said my name.

"Phoebe... Susan's home to watch Max can we go somewhere to talk" Billy said. I looked at Max who shrugged unaware of what was to come. I looked across the street and saw my dad wasn't home.

"Fine" I said hopping back into the car.