~Chapter Thirty Nine~

BILLY'S POV
"Sir you have to wait in the waiting room" a nurse said. I was stopped from going any further with Phoebe. I watched as she disappeared down the long corridor hidden behind the swinging doors.

"Come" she said showing me to a seat. I sat down and sighed. I looked around to see all different types of people waiting as well.

An older lady seated next to me. She looked over her shoulder taking a quick glance at me.

I looked down to notice I had jeans on and a muscle tee, something quite abnormal to wear for the beginning of November here in Hawkins. My hair was still wet from the shower I had just gotten out of when Max came barging through the door.

I ran my hands through my damp hair while my knee bounced up and down.

"Is it a girl?" The lady asked.

"Uh, yeah" I said quite taken back at the question.

"You seem to young to be married or engaged, girlfriend?" She asked again. I was beginning to get annoyed at the invasion of privacy.

"I guess girlfriend, probably ex if you ask her. She doesn't remember our relationship because of some amnesia she incurred a couple months ago" I said before catching myself, I didn't want to but I felt so compelled to talk to this lady.

"Sounds like a movie" she said. "They always end up remembering in the movies"

"If you don't mind me asking why are you waiting here?"

"I'm going to be a grandmother. My son is having his first child" she exclaimed. Her comment lead to me thinking, one day a family would be nice. I've always thought it would be me and phoebe against the world but maybe I need to start being more realistic and move on.

"Billy Hargrove?" A nurse called out. I stood up. "Phoebe Miller is asking for you" she said waving her hand for me to follow.

"I told you just like the movie" the old lady said. I flashed her a quick smile before sprinting towards the nurse.

"Can I ask how she is?"

"She just had a CT scan, it came up normal. Her body temperature is back to normal and she stopped vomiting. Her nose is broke.... we have to ask is her home life good?" The nurse said stopping outside the room. The door was closed and through the blinds I could see Phoebe.

"She's got a loving support team at home" I said.

"And how's the relationship between you two?"

"We aren't together" I said. The nurse looked at me funny.

"You are indeed Mr.Hargrove correct? She has you listed as boyfriend on the emergency contact list"

"That was made prior to the accident" I stated she shook her head before opening the door.

"She's free to go whenever" the nurse said before walking away.

My heart crushed at the site of Phoebe's face. She had bandages wrapped around her nose and bruises under her eyes.

"Billy" she whispered as I walked in.