Bonus Scene

It was a Sunday in August and the sun was shining. Billy had taken Madison to the beach so I could relax as I wasn't feeling well at all.

I laid in bed watching television with a nagging feeling in my stomach. I tried to justify the thoughts in my head but it was no use. I just knew better.

I was hurdled up in the blankets, the warmth keeping me in the same spot until I had the sick feeling creeping up my throat again. I ran to the bathroom and stuck my head in the toilet.

Once I was finished I sat on the cool ground with head in my hands. I took a deep breath before getting up and rummaging through the cabinet under the sink. Various items have been thrown in there to be forgotten or so I thought.

In the back collecting dust was a box of pregnancy tests. I sighed and took one from the box. Staring at the unused pregnancy test for a few minutes until I mustered up the courage to pee on the stick.

I then placed it down and paced around the bathroom, biting my freshly manicured fingernails to help relieve the anxiety.

After pacing a hole through the floor I flipped over the pregnancy test to see two prominent lines staring at me.

Joy with fear mixed together to take over my emotions.

I decided to take another one to be sure and after that turned up positive as well I took two more. All four of them had two lines confirming I was indeed pregnant.

I crawled back into bed thinking a million things.

Will Billy be happy?

Do we want another child?

Are we ready for another child?

Can we handle two?

My thoughts were whisked away as I heard the front door open. Hearing Madison exploding with giggles and happiness as she entered the front door eased my worries slightly.

I could hear the two of them climbing the stairs and heading towards the bedroom. Billy told the child to be quiet before slowly opening the door.

"Hey" I softly said. Madison climbed up on the bed and snuggled up next to me. I stroked her hair as Billy climbed into the bed as well.

"Have fun?" I asked turning the volume down on the television.

"We played in the water and then we got ice cream" Billy said making a smile appear on her small cute face. "How are you feeling?" Billy asked.

"A little better, uh, I have something to tell you or well show you" I said grabbing the pregnancy tests from the nightstand draw.

"I'm pregnant" I softly said as I handed him the sticks. He held them in his hand and stared at them, not saying one word.

Worry consumed my body, this was my worst fear.

"Are you mad?" I asked. He looked up.

"No, I'm happy, shocked but happy" Billy said grabbing my face and kissing my cheek and lips.

The feeling once more hit my throat making me sprint towards the toilet. Right behind me was Billy holding my hair and stroking my back.

"Mom are you okay?" Madison asked.

Billy and I turned around to see the worried child.

"I'm fine, I'm going to be fine" I said. I quickly got up and washed my face and mouth before grabbing the child and bringing her back to the bed.

"You know you're going to be a big sister" I cooed. Madison not nearly understanding all of what I said was jumping for joy.

Billy and I watched and enjoyed this moment of having once child before the other one came.