~Chapter Fifty~

I loaded them into the dishwasher before grabbing the pies from the fridge. A wave of pain has hit me and I was hunched over the counter holding my side.

Once it slightly subsided I grabbed a the pies and brought them to the table.

"These are store bought as well incase anyone was wondering" I said looking at Linda.

We all ate dessert peacefully before retreating to the family room to open some presents. Billy had lit the fireplace and turned on the Christmas tree.

"Billy and I got you guys grandparent gifts" I said handing Susan, Joyce and my dad nicely wrapped boxes. Inside was custom made blankets with their grandparent names on them.

"We can make one for you, we didn't know what name you would want on it" I said to Linda who snickered at my response.

Susan handed Billy and I's present to us. It was a beautiful handcrafted sign with the date we met and the location in longitude and latitude.

"Susan this is beautiful thank you!" I exclaimed giving her a hug.

"Thank you!" Billy said hugging Susan as well.

"Billy can we talk?" His mother asked. He gave me a look before walking into the kitchen with her.

"I've had better Christmas Eve parties before" Carl said trying to keep the eight year old occupied.

I was beginning to feel even worse. The stress was becoming unbearable.

I then heard a plate shatter in the kitchen. I rushed in to find his mother having a fit.

"Get out" she yelled at me.

"No you need to leave. I'm sorry but you aren't welcomed here anymore" I yelled back. Anger was coursing through my veins.

"Excuse me?" She said appalled.

"You heard me, out. All you have done is bitch and complain and make everyone feel uncomfortable. I need you and your family to leave" I continued yelling.

"Billy-"

"Please just go" Billy said lightly pushing her out of the kitchen. I quickly sprinted through the family room and upstairs avoiding the concerned calls from everyone.

I slid down next to the toilet in our bathroom unsure of whether I needed to vomit. Pain was radiating through my stomach causing me to wallow over in pain.

"Hey Phoebe are you okay?" Nancy called out as she slowly looked for me.

"I'm fine" I yelled back hoping she would turn around and join the others downstairs.

"Phoebe you don't look so good. Let me go get help" Nancy said as she felt my forehead.

"I'm fine it's just stress" I said trying to reassure her. I tried to stand up but was bent over in pain.

"No you aren't fine. Just stay put" Nancy said swiftly running through the house.

Jonathan and Nancy ran back into the bathroom trying to help me up. The pain was making me feel lightheaded and woozy.

"Guys I'm going to pass out" was the last thing I said before going black.

I woke up in a hospital bed in a closed off section of the ER.

"Oh good you're awake" Billy said giving me a kiss on my forehead. "You're okay and so is the baby". The pain in my stomach had subsided completely and my head was back to feeling normal.

The doctor opened the curtain and checked the clipboard. "Everything's fine. Just avoid stress and stay in bed more until the baby is born" the doctor instructed. "She's free to go"

"Thank you" Billy said before helping me out of the bed.

"Uh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to ruin the time with your mom or anything but-" I began as Billy and I walked to the car.

"Hey, no need to apologize. She was out of line" Billy said opening the passenger door and helping me in.
"Everyone's at the house waiting. I told them you were okay" Billy explained.

"How long was I out for?" I asked looking at the night sky.

"About an hour. You really scared us. Nancy came running out on the front lawn babbling about you passing out. I was so nervous and worried about you and the baby" Billy said as he drove back to the house.

"Lesson learned no stressing" I said. We walked in to find everyone gathered on the couch.

"You're good?" My dad asked

"I'm fine, really just need to avoid stress" I said. Everyone had calmed down and headed to their rooms to get some sleep before the festivities tomorrow.

"Hey uh what did you want to talk about early?" I asked Nancy. She shifted her weight between her feet.

"It's not that important it was just about me and Jonathan getting married" she said. I knew when Nancy was lying and this was one of those instances.

"Ok well goodnight" I said before heading the bedroom. I changed into some pajamas and crawled into bed beyond exhausted.

"Goodnight Billy. Love you" I said as I drifted to sleep.