~Chapter Twenty Five~

Nancy fires her gun as the car charged at her. Moments before we were all crushed Steve comes barreling into Billy's car, saving us all.

Nancy and Jonathan got the car started and we hopped in. Steve and Robin jumped in the back as we peeled out of the parking with the monster hot on our tail.

The radio once again starts to make noise. Dustin and some girl named Suzie begin to sing a song.

"I have to be dreaming right. This is just once big nightmare. I'm going to wake up and laugh this off" I said sounding hysterical.

"It's turning around" Steve yelled.

"What?" Nancy asked looking over her shoulder to confirm its disappearance.

"It's turning around!" Steve repeated sounding more urgent.

"Maybe we wore it out" Lucas commented.

"I don't think so. Hold on" Jonathan stated as he spun the car in a circle heading back to the mall.

"Fireworks" Nancy said as we pulled up the mall. We each grabbed as much as we could and stationed ourselves in a circle. We began to fire at the creature distracting it from hurting El.

Our plan was working, the monster was disoriented from the fireworks that flung from all directions.

We ran out of fireworks and the monsters attention fell back on El, but before it could gather her in its grip, Billy comes in grabbing its tentacle.

"Billy" I yelled as I sprinted to the escalator. As I reached the bottom, the monster became weak. It's feet collapsing underneath it's self.

Billy was laying lifelessly on the floor.

"Billy" I said cradling him in my arms. The veins began to dissolve and his complexion was returning to his normal state.

"Billy" I softly cried as I held him in my arms. My head resting against his. Max came running over crying with me as well.

His body jolted in my grip, his lungs began to gasp for air. His eyes shot open and his hand reached to wipe my tears.

"Billy" I cried happiness overtaking the sadness.

"Phoebe, I- I didn't mean to do any of it" he said looking around.

"I know, I know"

Max jumped in giving Billy the biggest hug. His arm wrapping around her body. He slowly propped himself up off the ground. My arms flinging across his waist, my head resting on his chest.

"We still on a break?" Billy asked.

"No...I mean not unless-" I began but was cut off by Billy's lips on mine.

"Gross" Max said.

"Hey that's what you and El look like" Will joked with Mike.

"Hey" Mike said back. Billy and I broke the kiss before looking at the kids. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and linked hands with mine. We all migrated up and out of the mall to find government officials swarming all over the place.

We were each taken to a paramedic to be checked out and stuff. Billy was treated for a few of the cuts and scrapes he had.

Once we were done, we snuggled up together with a blanket provided by the paramedics.

"I'm going to turn my dad in" Billy said looking at the ground. "I can't take the abuse anymore"

"I'll help you, you can stay with me if you need" I said. His hand cupped my face bring me closer in for a kiss.

"Just stay with me. I need you now more than ever" Billy said. I couldn't tell if he meant in this moment or as in the relationship but either way I knew, I would stick by his side.