~Chapter Thirty Six~

"So great news the doctor said that this is a sign of remembering" my dad said at the dining room table. We had all gathered for breakfast on Sunday morning.

"I still don't remember anything else. I don't even remember leaving Pittsburgh...I think I'm stuck like this" I said banging my head on the table. Milk splashing out of the bowl with cereal.

"I'm going to be late" Jonathan said as he looked at the clock. Everyone began to scramble once again, something that's become part of our mornings here in the Miller/Byers house.

Jonathan was late for work at the Hawkins post, Will need to meet up with his friends for a game of D&D, and El was hanging out with Max today.

"Do you want to come to work with me?" Joyce asked me as I was the only one still remaining at the table from breakfast.

"Sure why not" I whispered as I got up. I quickly threw on jeans and a T-shirt and was out the door with Joyce.

"So um when did you and my dad meet again?" I asked as we drove down the road.

"4th of July" Joyce said, she looked hesitant to talk about that day.

"Were we all involved in the mall fire?" I asked

"Who told you about the fire?"

"Max, I found a picture of Billy and I on that day. We looked like we almost lost each other that day.....You guys seem to really love each other" I commented changing the subject and breaking the silence.

"Yeah your dad is a wonderful guy. You came home early one night from being out and that's how you found out about the two of us. You were so accepting of our relationship, I admire you for that" Joyce said as she pulled into a spot in front of the store. Since the mall's closing making street was filled with stores once again.

"Come on you can help stock the aisles" she said. I grabbed a box and began to put flour and cereal on the shelves.

A few hours later and we were sweeping the place making it ready for closing.

"Thanks for coming today. I enjoyed spending time with you" Joyce said. I smiled back.

"Same, it's been fun"

Nancy and Jonathan walked into the store. "Mom is phoebe here?" Jonathan asked. I popped up from the aisle to see them waving me on.

Joyce gave me a nod saying it was okay to leave.

"What's going on?" I asked as I hopped in the backseat.

"Steve's having a last minute party. C'mon you've never missed a party at Harrington's" Nancy whined as I shook my head no from the back seat.

She gave me puppy dog eyes and pouted her lip.

"Fine" I said. Nancy clapped her hands and smiled. We pull up to a party almost as big as Tina's. As we got out a truck pulled up across the street. The noise of the motor giving me a headache.

"My friends. Welcome ladies" Steve joked as we walked in. Jonathan pushing him in a friendly way.

"Come on we are all in the back" Steve said. We followed him to the backyard which contained a pool that butted up to the woods.

"Beer?" Steve asked us, Jonathan never drank so he shook his head no. Nancy took one and passed it to me before grabbing herself one.

I slowly sipped on the beer as my headache got increasingly worst. I sat down on a chair hoping it would pass.

"Shit" someone yelled as beer spilt on me. My head fell into my hands as another memory began to appear.

I was walking tears fell from my eyes and down my face. I didn't know why I was crying but I was walking down a dark road.