~Chapter Twenty Four~

Max told me to go home and stay in my house until they figure out how to save Billy. As I walked into my house I heard his car pull into the driveway. I sprinted across the street and into his house.

"Billy? I can help you" I called out as I climbed the stairs. I walked into his room to find him beaten and dirty. He was sitting on his bed staring at the wall.

"Billy if you're in there give me a nod" I said as I sat between his legs. My arms resting on his knees.

He remained stone like, not even blinking.

"Billy" I said gently swiping my hand down his arm. His hand quickly grabbing him throat, lifting me off the floor.

I began to choke, kicking my legs as my hands were trying to pry his hand loose from my neck.

"Billy" I breathed out. His face and complexion changed, his grip loosened and I fell to the floor.

"Phoebe" he said gently before he switched back. Veins appearing all over his body. I began to scoot across the floor, swiftly getting up and running out of his house.

I ran up my lawn and up to the front door jiggling the keys in fear as I tried to unlock it. I quickly squeezed through the door before locking it behind me, falling to the floor to catch my breath.

My dad was fast asleep and I decided to take the keys of the truck and drive to the one person who would give me answers.

I nervously drove down the road, I technically haven't practiced yet but after watching my dad and Billy drive I thought it would be easy.

I swerved in and out of lanes as I drove to the mall. As I parked the car I saw Nancy and Jonathan with Max and her friends.

"Nancy what the hell is going on? I need answers now" I yelled confused and slightly panicked.

"No time cmon" she said as she grabbed my hand. We ran into the mall. We stood back near Jazzercise as Max's friend used her power to ward off what seemed like spies or something.

She flung the car on display swiping them all in one go. From behind the cookie cake place rose Robin, Steve and two children.

We ran down the escalator to meet them.

"What is Phoebe doing here?" Steve questioned.

"I don't understand what happened to the car?" Robin stared all confused.

"El has superpowers" The curly head kid explained.

"I'm sorry"

"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon catch up" Steve said.

A bunch of questions began to be asked at a rapid pace. I was having a hard time keeping up.

"That's El?"

"Who's El?"

"I'm sorry who are you?" Nancy asked.

"I'm Robin, I work with Steve"

"She cracked the top secret code" the curly head kid explained.

"Yeah which is how we found out about the Russians" Steve added

"Russian?" What Russians" Jonathan questioned.

"The Russians!" Steve exclaimed.

"Those we're Russians?" Max asked

"Some of them"

"What are you talking about?" Max's boyfriend asked what seemed to be his little sister.

"I'm sorry how does all of this link to Billy?" I asked.

"Billy? This has nothing to do with Billy" Steve responded.

"Not true" Nancy added.

"What does this have to do with the gate?"

"It has everything to do with the gate"

"What gate?" I asked as Max's friend El passed out behind us.

Everyone ran over to her. She complained of leg pain. Jonathan and Nancy unwrapped the gauze revealing a nasty wound.

"I'm gonna throw up" I said running towards the garbage can. My stomach emptied a few times as the kids were screaming. I wiped my mouth and stood up to see El using her powers to remove some creature from her leg. I hurled once more.

I looked up to see three adults standing in a v formation.

"Thank god we're saved" I whispered to myself.

The group devised a plan. Nancy, Jonathan and I were going to a safe house with Max and her friends.

We ran outside to Nancy's car loading the kids in first. Nancy jumped in the drivers seat but the car wouldn't turn on.

"What's wrong?" Jonathan asked.

"I don't know" Nancy responded with as she tried numerous times to start the car. The two got out and looked under the hood.

A car engine started up, one I was more than familiar with. I looked out into the parking lot to see Billy's Camaro facing us.

"Back in the mall" Nancy yelled, ushering the kids out of the car. We sprinted back into the mall and back to the food court for shelter.

"Help me flip the car" Jonathan called out. We all propped ourselves on the counter and pushed hoping to flip it back on the wheels. With no luck El tried using her powers but the car remained on its side.

We tried again using the rope poles.

"Okay and push" Jonathan directed, the car flipping back on its wheels.

Jonathan quickly jumped off the counter, popping the hood to find the ignition cable. As the Nancy and Jonathan looked for the car part a rumbling could be heard.

We looked up to see a giant monster creeping on the ceiling of the mall.

"Nancy" mike yelled sprinting for cover. We jump behind the car as glass comes shattering everywhere. The monster shrieks and roars as it roams the mall.

The radio begins to make noise. "Griswold Family this is scoop troop. Please confirm your safety" is repeated numerous times.

I try to hold my breath in as the creature stomps around the mall. We all remain still until Lucas pops up from behind the car using a rock launcher to pop a balloon and distract the monster.

"Go, go, go, go" Jonathan commands. We jump over the counter and into the corridor of the mall. We sprint up the dimly lit stairwell heading back to the car.

As we made our way outside Billy's engine once again revved.