SOPB - Prologue

'Sledgehammer' by Rihanna

Thursday, April 11th, The Year 2219

Brooke's POV

Just think - Saturday morning I leave, along with my sisters and friends, to go on a two-week cruise across the Galaxy to Ralmainia. I can't wait.

We are currently out shopping for our trip. We took a break from shopping to get food to eat. The waiter just took our order and put it in.

"Brooke, don't look up, but Asher just entered with that nasty fiancée of his," My friend Alana says.

"Nasty is right. I want to punch her right in the mouth, but I want to keep my job."

You may be wondering who is Asher? Well, he is my ex. And, no he is not the one that cheated. I did. One night was all it took for me to lose the best relationship that I had. And, to make it worse, I am still his personal assistant at his technology company - Global Networks.

You're correct for thinking, "Why didn't he fire her?" I keep asking myself that same question. But, for almost a year he was nasty and cold to me. I told him enough is enough. Either fire me or treat me with respect. I was not going to take it anymore. I know what I did was wrong, and regret it everyday. We came to an agreement to only talk to each other about work.

One thing no one can question is my work ethic. Yes, it initially hurt hearing that he was engaged. But I have no one else to blame about my break-up. I even congratulated him. His happiness is all that matters.

"I don't understand why he couldn't give you a second chance. Everyone makes mistakes and you admitted to it," My friend Miki says.

"I guess he doesn't believe in second chances. If I could go back and change what happened, I would in a heartbeat. But I can't. Look, enough of the Asher talk. He moved on and so have I. I'm glad he signed off on my two weeks of vacation though. Let's focus on that."

"Sis, you need it. You learned a hard lesson from your mistake. Maybe on the cruise, you will find a boo." That was my sister, Simone. I have two sisters and two brothers total. My other sister is Chanelle. She couldn't make it today.

"Maybe I will. Or, maybe I won't. What matters is having a good time on the cruise."

"We all agree on that one."

**********************************

Narrator's POV

The next day.

**********************************

Friday, April 12th, The Year 2219