SOPB - Chapter Twenty-Four

Monday, September 21st, The Year 2220

Tristian's POV

"Uh, Divis, can you repeat what you just said?"

"King Lachlan and Queen Nerina are my parents, and you are my brother."

"That's what I thought you just said. After all these years, how could you keep the fact that Divis was your son, and my brother, away from me?!" I handed Dalis to Talise and left the room before I said something regretful.

I can't believe my parents would do something like this, not telling me I have a brother. And, is Divis older? Or, is he younger than me?

I heard footsteps following behind me. I turned around and saw Divis.

"I had no idea that we were brothers until the other day."

"I'm not mad at you. I left the table before I said anything regretful to my parents. Well, our parents. We lost out on doing so much together, as brothers. I'm beyond angry."

"They obviously had a reason to keep the fact that we were brothers to themselves. Maybe it was like the situation with Talise and her parents. I'm sure it was hard for them."

"I'm sure it was. But how about how hard it was for me, missing out on having a brother? How old are you? I always thought we were around the same age."

"I thought we were the same age too. The parents that raised me told me I am two years older than you. I am 38 years old. They didn't tell me much because they said I should hear it from the king and queen. We both want answers."

"Darn right. But not today. I need time to let go of the anger that I have with my parents. Sorry, our parents."

"I understand. You don't need to apologize, Tristian. I need time as well to process what I found out." Divis walked one way, and I walked to my room. I sat in one of the chairs on the balcony.

***********

Tuesday, September 22nd, The Year 2220

"Tristian, it's time to go to bed. It's the early part of Tuesday morning," I heard being whispered in my ear. I woke up from being tapped by Talise.

After yawning, I made my way into our room and crashed on the bed.

*********

After opening my eyes, I noticed that I was alone in the room. When I checked the time, I saw that it was, "Noon?!"

I just got up and proceeded to get ready for the day.

********

I heard giggling coming from Dalis' room as I was walking towards the kitchen. I peeked inside and saw Karael, Dalis, and Talise. Dalis was giggling while Karael was reading her a story.