SOPB - Chapter Five

Saturday, April 20th, The Year 2219

Asher's POV

I came to see if Brooke was okay, but she is crying and hysterical in front of her room door. So, I ran over to see what happened.

"Simone, what....." Oh no, please tell me it didn't happen again. Simone had tears falling from her eyes too.

"Miki's gone, Asher. The same thing that happened to Kristi just happened to Miki. We saw her sitting on the ground, clutching her stomach. She looked up and tried to tell Brooke to be careful around someone, but she didn't get to say a name. Something crazy is going on this ship!! We need to get off this ship asap. Both of our friends are dead, and from what?! We came to have some fun. Now, we are mourning because something killed them!! Help me get Brooke inside, please? I believe she is in shock."

She's gone too?! I'm not staying either. Once the ship ports at Ralmainia, I am getting off. Brooke didn't scream when I carried her into the room. I placed her on the couch.

Simone grabbed a cover for her and Brooke.

"I'm scared, Asher. I don't want to die. I don't want Chanelle or Brooke to die. I don't want you to die either. Can we all be friends again? I understand that you were hurt from what happened and broke up your relationship with Brooke. She is a changed woman. She still cares about you. I don't believe she wants to pursue a relationship with Jason. Will you stay with us, please?"

"Of course, I'll stay. And, yes we can be friends. Where is Chanelle's room?" I still care about her too.

"Right across the hall from Brooke. She may not be in there."

"I will find her and be right back." I opened the door, and that quickly Miki's skin was gone. There is definitely something weird going on this ship.

I knocked on the door several times. No answer. I don't know even where to go. I saw her walking my way from the main area of the ship.

"Chanelle, Simone and Brooke watched your friend die. And, the same thing that happened to Kristi happened to your friend. When I opened the door to come get you, the skin was gone. Somebody knows something, and we need to find out who. Follow me back to Brooke's room."

"What the heck is wrong with ship?!!"

I had Brooke's room key, so I opened the door. Brooke did not move. She was stiff as a surfboard. Simone was curled up on the other couch.

"Miki's gone, Chanelle. I saw it with Brooke this time. I now know why Brooke was like she was in the stairwell."

"Where's Jason?" Not that I really care.

"He went back to his room, wherever it is. He always comes to Brooke's room. I'll send him a text from Brooke's phone."

He does? It sounds strange to me. Time to really investigate Mr. Maisel. Brooke's room was huge, it's like two rooms in one. I sat in one of the recliners in the living room.