SOPB - Chapter Ten

Wednesday, October 30th, The Year 2219

Brooke's POV

"Eww, to think I even kissed him! The sniveling weasel!!!"

"Uh, Brooke, love can I have my hands back?"

"Not until I am finished squeezing!! What a creep!!!!"

I squeezed Asher's hands so tight that I heard whimpers. "Ugh, you can have your dang hands back!! What a wimp!!!"

"Umm, did you and Jason ever......"

I smacked Asher's arm, hard. "No!!!! But I did consider it. Eww! I need to throw up!!!" I flung the covers off me and waddled my way to the bathroom. My whole, entire dinner plate came up.

"Can you make me some ginger tea, please? And, a sandwich or something?"

"I'll be right back." I laid back down on the bed as Asher went downstairs.

Within 20 minutes, Asher came back with a cup of tea, a sandwich, and some soup.

I ate the sandwich first, then my soup, and lastly my tea, all within 45 minutes. "Okay, I feel better now." Asher and I went back to cuddling.

"Umm, you may not feel better when I tell you what I am about to say, this time." I grabbed Asher's hands again and squeezed them.

"Spit it out already!!!"

"Caspian and I are going to attempt to follow Jason tomorrow in the tunnel."

"ARE YOU AND CASPIAN OUT OF YOUR DARN MIND?!!! Asher, are you trying to leave me a widow before we are truly married? And, what about Caspian and Simone? I don't feel like cuddling anymore. Let me go!" I got up and waddled my way downstairs.

Asher's POV

I swear if Brooke went outside, we are going to have it out. I got up and went downstairs. I heard crying, still in the house. Thank goodness. Brooke was laying down on the couch in the living room.

"I'm sorry, baby. It has to be done. And, Caspian and I agreed we don't want any of you to get hurt."

"But what about you? What if you die going in that dang tunnel? I don't want me and Dalis to be widows. I can't lose you again. I just can't. And, what if it is a trap? I can't stand Jason. I'm glad he is gone because I want to punch him in the face!"

"You're not losing me, and Simone is not losing Caspian. We are not going all the way inside. We just want to see where Jason goes."

"Ha! You say that now, but what about when you get in the tunnel and decide you want to go further? I don't like it all. I'm scared, Asher."

"Let's go back upstairs and cuddle."

"Why? So, it could be the last time I see you? We have no way to communicate with you and Caspian."