SOPB - Chapter Twenty-Three

Thursday, July 23rd, The Year 2220

Talise Jaleh / Brooke's POV

Thankfully, we didn't have any more drama yesterday at our engagement lunch.

Today is wedding dress fitting day. And, thankfully, I don't have to leave the castle.

"Tristi, don't you have somewhere else to be? You can't see me in my wedding dress."

"Why not? I have already seen you naked. We have Dalis, and you're pregnant with our second child."

"Hush. That's different. I want you to be surprised."

"If I see it today, then on our wedding day, I would definitely be surprised."

"Oh my gosh, you are so special. Don't you have a suit fitting?"

We walked towards the huge fitting room that I have in the castle.

"Yes, he does. Leave Talise alone so we can get started," Queen Nerina says. "You are still old enough for me to give you a beating."

I couldn't help but snicker.

"I'll see everyone later." After leaning down to kiss me, Tristi walked away to his suit fitting.

"Thanks, Nerina. He was not budging before I came here." It feels so weird not calling her Queen Nerina.

"You're welcome, sweetie. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling great. Junior is a well-behaved little boy in my belly today. I was able to get plenty of rest last night."

"That is great. Everyone is here, so how about you get fitted first for your dresses. You will have a dress for the ceremony. Then, a dress for your introduction to the citizens of Paerus. And, lastly, a dress for the reception."

Oh, my goodness! Well, this is what comes with marrying a prince who is about to be the king of a planet.

*************

It took us most of the day for the dress fitting for the whole bridal party. Thankfully, we had several food breaks in between the fittings. Even after that, I am starving.

Karael is carrying Dalis for me as we walk towards the dining room. As soon as she saw her daddy, she wanted to get down. Is today the day Dalis will start walking?

Nope. Not today. Dalis got on the floor and crawled to her daddy.

"How's my little princess?" Dalis had the biggest smile on her face when Tristi started tickling her.

"How is my future queen?"

I sat down first before answering his question. "I'm super hungry. We had food breaks in between trying on dresses, but that wasn't enough. I'm eating more being pregnant with Junior than I did with Dalis. The dress fitting went well. I picked out my dresses and dresses for my bridal party. How about you?"