SOPB - Chapter Eight

Wednesday, May 22nd, The Year 2219

Asher's POV

"The test was positive. I'm pregnant with our son or daughter. A little baby Gray is growing inside of me. And, we are nowhere near that cruise ship, but the skin thing happens again? Who hates me? I'm scared, Asher."

I grabbed Brooke's hands to walk her over to me. Then, I hugged her. "I'm happy about baby Gray. As long as we are together, we will make it. Get some rest. Lie down, and I will come right back. Here." I led Brooke back to the bed. She laid down and I placed the cover over her. Now, time to check on what Simone yelled.

I made my way downstairs. Simone, Chanelle, and Taylor were shaking while sitting in the living room.

"Where's Jason?"

"He got rid of the skin. There was no way we were touching that. Here he comes now." Jason didn't say a word. He just plopped down on the couch.

There is definitely something suspicious about Jason, but I can't place my finger on it. And, there is no kind of odor whatsoever.

"Did anyone see how it happened?"

Taylor was shaking like crazy on the couch but didn't open his mouth. He knows something.

Simone answered, "I didn't see anything. Neither did Chanelle."

"I saw Taylor injecting Crystal with something. Then, I saw the same symptoms as Kristina. It was horrifying."

Taylor didn't say one word after Jason just spoke. He seemed too horrified to answer, which makes me believe he didn't do it.

"How could you kill our friends?!!" Simone shouted.

"Taylor, you have 5 seconds to explain yourself before I throw you out of this house!!" Chanelle shouted next.

Jason didn't seem upset or anything. I had to pretend like I was throwing Taylor out of the house.

"Taylor, you'll have to leave. We are all that is left and need to be on the same page. Ladies, I'll be right back. I'm taking Taylor to the abandoned city. I'll be back before dark. Can someone check on Brooke?"

"We will, Asher." Both Chanelle and Simone went upstairs. Jason went somewhere.

I followed a scared Taylor out of the house. We walked away from the house to the spot where the ship was.

"Taylor, what had you so afraid to say anything?" I asked him while we walked.

"A-Asher, Jason is the one who killed Crystal. I-l believe they were working together all the time. And, both Brooke and I were a part of their scheme. Crystal basically came to me and told me I had no choice but to be a part of it. She is the one who left Brooke a note that I played her to be a fool. What the scheme is, I don't know. P-please don't repeat that. Just b-be careful around him."