SOPB - Chapter Twenty-Two

Wednesday, July 22nd, The Year 2220

Talise Jaleh / Brooke's POV

"Am I going to have to go through this with every occasion we have?"

"Yes, my queen," answered Karael Aarin. She is the head of personal servants that I have available to use.

Karael and several other servants are helping me get dressed. "I appreciate your helping me get dressed, but it's not necessary."

"My queen, it's our responsibility to help you with whatever you need. I have got to say that you are the most pleasant royal to work with."

"You have worked with others before?"

"Yes, my queen. I have been a servant since I was a teen."

"May I ask how old you are?"

"I am 28 years old."

"Listen, I promise not to tell a soul about our conversation. Don't you have dreams? You know, like to become a singer? Teacher? Or, something like that? Did you graduate from school? Sorry for all of the questions."

"It's okay. I graduated from high school but was then thrown into being a servant. I planned to further my education, but that was cancelled. My parents like to gamble or take risks. Let me just tell you that I was the one who was offered as the payment for those risks."

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry your parents did that to you."

"Thankfully, King Lachlan and Queen Nerina rescued me from the previous royals that I served. As for my dreams, I wanted to become a ballet dancer. And, I love to read." As we continued talking, each of the other girls was in similar situations as Karael - terrible parents.

"Ladies, I will do what I can to make sure your dreams become a reality. Nobody should be forced into something they don't want to do."

"We appreciate it, my queen. But right now, we need to get you ready for your luncheon."

"Aren't you all coming?"

"As servants, we don't attend royal events."

"That is nonsense. Your my personal servants, right?"

"Yes, my queen."

"As of today, that will change. I want you to attend as my guests. Besides, Dalis loves spending time with you. And, if anyone has a problem with you attending, come to find me. I will handle it. You ladies can wear some of the non-maternity outfits."

"Thank you so much."

Karael helped me into my dress, which I love.