95- band camp week 1 update

Ok so I haven't updated last week because, well I was at band camp and absolutely dead afterwards. So I'll just be telling some "highlights" and some other interesting stuff that happened.

Oh, and this isn't in chronological order, so prepare for some jumping around the days.

1- so the first and second day we played the attention game- where you stand at attention and if you laugh or move, you lose, and then you try to get other people out. The first day I lost when someone screeched in my ear, then I tried to get some of my friends out but they're good at the game. The second day I basically won. (I say "basically" because I got out at the very end because I thought we were finished.) The whole time I stared at the corners of 2 rectangular soundproofing things on the wall, and I was biting the side of my mouth to try to distract myself from the people around me who kept trying to get me out.

2- our coach is making us do PT which is physical training. In addition to our warmup stretches, we have to run 5 laps around a basketball court, then we do the PT exercises which is crunches, side crunches, some leg raise thing, russian twists, planks, squats (to the squat song), and calf raises (which starts to burn after about 30 seconds). On the second or third day I woke up and bent my leg and thought "well that wasn't hurting yesterday."

3- I heard at the end of last school year that 16 people said they were interested in joining guard. Day 1 I was excited to meet the new guard people... turns out only new one person showed up. Tbh I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting more people, but I still like the new person. Nothing against her.

4- we finished the choreography for the whole first song on Friday, and that's never happened before.

(Yeet this was supposed to be posted Sunday but my lazy self decided not to finish typing this up)