127

Story time! Here's a funny thing that happened on Wednesday I think.

Rookies were gone because we were discussing big sis/little sis things. After we decided the families, we reminisced on the time we tried to get a flag through the basketball hoop in our practice room (the old dome). That time, we pushed the flag up from under the hoop. Now we tried to throw the flag up to go down the hoop, as you would with a basketball. It took a few tries, but eventually our captain (who I will now call Hoops) got the flag to go through the hoop... except it got caught in the net. Then the more we tried to pull it down, the more tangled it got. (We weren't allowed to take photos, because we'd all probably get in trouble. But trust me, it was really stuck in there.) We were joking about what would happen if the band director (barker) walked in.

And then at one point he did come in. It was quite the interesting scene: 10 people awkwardly staring at him, only one of them (me) in a mask, and someone else standing on top of a cart by the basketball net. (Tbh I only had the mask on because I had a feeling somebody might come in, so I went to put in on in case somebody did come by.) He thought based on our faces that we were just talking about him. Then we pointed out the elephant in the room. Our coach said that it got stuck when Hoops was trying to do a toss.

So he left and we all kinda laughed. We got the flag out eventually- we had to take the stopper out and shove the flag up out of the net. The net still looks a bit mangled from when the flag got tangled up in it.