Chapter 5

~Jiwoo~

I woke up in the middle of the night, covered in sweat. Again.

My heavy breathing filled the air as I took in my surroundings and saw that I was alone in my room. This was the room that the members have put together for me and although I was happy about it, I was reminded once more that Jungkook's memories haven't returned.

I covered my face with my hands, breathing heavily as I told myself to calm down. Memories of that night still haunts me but it got worse after Jungkook lost his memories. Usually I'd wake up in his arms with him whispering sweet words over and over again to calm me down.

I felt hot tears rolling down my face as I was to face the memories of that terrible night all over again. This time without Jungkook or his warmth.

"Jungkook," I whispered, feeling my hands shake. But Jungkook wasn't here nor did he hear me.

After what seems like ages, I got out of bed and walked out of the room. Desperate for fresh air, I head towards the balcony, wanting time to calm myself and erase some painful memories. I didn't care that it was three in the morning.

I opened the glass door and stepped out onto the balcony, feeling instantly cold from the cool breeze. Still, I liked it.

When I was having a hard time trying to breathe properly, I placed my trembling hands on the railing and then lowered my head to the railing. There, I rest my forehead on top of my trembling hands and inhaled deeply. I was in the middle of telling myself to stay strong when—

"Don't tell me you're going to jump."

I jerked back at the sound of Jungkook's voice, spinning around so fast that I lost my footing and went falling backwards. Jungkook reached out, his arm snaked around my waist as he pulled me against him. I grabbed hold of his shirt in the process, afraid that I was going to fall.

"Whoa. Are you okay?"

I could feel my heart racing as I felt tears came to my eyes. I blinked them away and nodded. Jungkook lets go of me and I instantly missed his touch. In those very few seconds, it felt like it was really the Jungkook who knew me.

"I should go to sleep," I said, keeping my eyes on the ground as I walked past Jungkook and towards the door.

"Wait."

I stopped and slowly turned around to face him.

"Did you like it that much?" Jungkook's eyes locked with mine. "Wagging your little tail for other men?"

"Wha—" I blinked. "T-tail?"

His eyes hardened, "Ah, right. That's the face of a person who has no clue what she did."

I stared. Was he talking about me going off with Taehyung? Did he not know that Taehyung was trying his best to make me feel better and take my mind off him? Taehyung doesn't know what it's like to be me but at least he's trying to make me feel better—like the other members. All Jungkook is doing is just trying to break me more than he already has because he hates the fact that he's engaged to a stranger.

Knowing that this won't go well, I just turned to leave but when I heard Jungkook groaned in pain, I immediately went towards him.

"What's wrong?" I asked, seeing the pain in his eyes just before he turned away from me.

"Nothing," he growled.

Obviously, it's not nothing seeing as he's struggling to stand right now.

"Does it hurt?" I whispered, curling my hands into fists so that I won't reach out and touch him. I don't like seeing him hurt like this.

Jungkook walked towards one of the tables and sat on it, his back towards me. Looking at him right now, I could tell that his injuries were hurting him.

"You tell me," he muttered. "Why else do you think I'd be up at a time like this?"

Annoyed that he was talking with his back towards me, I took a few steps towards him and grabbed hold of his shoulder, turning him to slightly face me. It's amazing how he can still be so tall even when he's sitting down.

I tried not to stare at him in awe of his beauty. It's always been like this when I'm so close to Jungkook. It took a while for me to make proper eye contact but now... it was just like before. I couldn't look at him for too long.

Jungkook's eyes narrowed. "Why are you blushing?"

"Huh? Oh... it's kind of hot out here," I cleared my throat and dropped my hand from his shoulder. "Where are your painkillers? I'll get them for you."

"I don't need it."

"You do too!" I snapped.

"Get lost," Jungkook growled. "I don't need it."

That would have hurt but it didn't because I was mad as hell at him refusing to take his medicine. I know him well enough to know that he's holding it in so that he could perform with the members for their concert which is in less than four days. He wanted to prove to them that he was doing okay and that he could cope but he can't fool me or any of the members.

"Have it your way," I hissed, moving away from him and back inside the house.

~Jungkook~

"Crap," Jungkook muttered. Just when his hyungs gave him a lecture about treating her nicely. He couldn't help it though. Not only was his body aching from the hit, his fractured wrist was starting to mess with his sleep. His head throbbed with pain every time he moves too.

Seeing Jiwoo at this time of the night only made things worst. He couldn't help it if the pain was messing with his mind just as much as she was. Seeing how she fought him like that, he realised she's not as breakable as she seems.

He looked back at the scenery when Jiwoo stomped away from him. He let out a soft sigh, closing his eyes and tilting his head back against the cool breeze.

After a few seconds, he felt that something was thrown over his head. Jungkook jerked back and pulled it away to see that Jiwoo had thrown a blanket at him before stomping back to her room.

Jungkook couldn't help but smirk as he turned his attention back to the night sky once more, wrapping himself in the blanket she'd given him.