Chapter 22

~Jiwoo~

It was nine at night when I left my room to find something to eat. I made my way down the hallway until someone grabbed me from the back. A large hand over my mouth to prevent me from screaming for help.

I didn't struggle, knowing that it's Jungkook. I could tell because of his familiar scent and the way my heart wouldn't stop racing. I let him drag me towards a store room before shutting the door. That's when he backed me towards the wall and leaned towards me, pressing both hands on the wall beside my head, breathing heavily.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, my heart thumping hard against my chest. It's been two days since we last saw each other. They have been working nonstop and I barely saw them. Even though I don't want to admit it, I was a little happy to see Jungkook.

"The hyungs," he answered, breathlessly.

"Jungkook-ah!" Seokjin yelled. "Where are you?"

"Don't tell me he's hiding," Hoseok said, walking past us.

"Maybe he already left?" Jimin suggested. "There's no way Jungkook would want to skip out on practice."

"That's not very professional if he did," Namjoon agreed.

I glanced up at Jungkook, thinking I'd see him being all guilty and all but nope, the guilt is not there. Instead, Jungkook was grinning from ear to ear... like he was enjoying making his members suffer.

"We're going to be late," Taehyung said, jogging towards them. "I can't find him in his room."

"Where's Jiwoo?" Yoongi asked as he joined them. "I can't find her too."

"Ah, is she working a night shift again?" Seokjin asked. "I keep telling her to not do that."

"Jiwoo is just like Jungkook," Jimin reminded them.

"Ah, yes, that's why they are so made for each other," Hoseok muttered. "Come on, let's leave. I don't think he's here."

We held out breath until we can longer hear them. It was Jungkook who spoke.

"I'm surprised you went along."

"I'm surprised myself," I muttered, hands against his chest. "Now that they're gone, do you think maybe you can move?"

"I don't want to."

I glared at him.

Jungkook smiled in response before opening the door and stepping out. I followed him out.

"Now that they're gone," Jungkook said, turning to go to his room. 

I grabbed onto his shirt, stopping him. Jungkook glanced over his shoulder. "What, you don't want me to go?"

I immediately dropped my hand and then crossed my arms, not wanting to reach out to him like that again, "Why are you hiding from the members?"

"Because I want to."

I arched an eyebrow, "That's it?"

"That and the fact that they want me to go over the routine but I'm tired and I have a headache," Jungkook tapped the side of his head. "I'd rather not be there with them right now."

"You have a headache?" I asked, dropping my hands to the side. "Do they know that?"

"I'd rather not tell them," Jungkook replied before taking a step towards me and grabbing onto my wrist to stop me from stepping back. "Be a good little fiancée and keep quiet."

"Why should I—"

Jungkook dropped my wrist and walked away, "If you tell them then I'm going to have to do something you don't want me to."

"Like what?"

Jungkook stopped walking and glanced over his shoulder at me, "Kiss you."

I stared.

He smirked and then disappeared.

***

"Please, no," I muttered, glancing outside the window. I do not like the look of that.

I glanced at my watch and saw that it was eleven. Slipping out of bed, I quickly ran out of my room towards the living room, grabbing hold of the basket before running outside to grab my clothes. 

After what seems like ages, I placed the basket of clothes on the sofa, wiping the rain from my face before picking up the basket once more. I took a few steps forward but then came to a stop when I saw Jungkook sitting outside, tilting his head back, eyes closed.

I tilted my head to the side to study him before placing my basket on the floor and then making my way towards him. I opened the door leading to the veranda.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Why can't I be here?" he asked, eyes still closed.

"Maybe because there's going to be a thunderstorm?"

Jungkook opened his eyes and locked them with mine. "You're worried about me?"

I rolled my eyes.

Jungkook smirked at that and turned his attention back to the view. "Dry yourself. You'll get sick."

I glanced down at myself and then looked at him, "It's not that bad."

"Dry yourself."

I rolled my eyes and left to go to my room to change into another set of pyjamas. I slipped under my blankets and closed my eyes, only to sit right back in bed when I saw lightning and heard thundering.

"I can't do this," I muttered, grabbing my pillow and running out of my room.