Chapter 32

~Jungkook~

"Jungkook-ah," Jimin began.

When Jungkook landed, he went straight to the venue, knowing that they needed to go through a few songs. He was so worn out and felt dizzy from the lack of food and sleep but he pushed through anyways.

He could have stayed with Jiwoo but he couldn't do that to his fans who eagerly waits for Jungkook and his members. Aside from Jiwoo, it was his fans that gave him strength. Jungkook wanted to repay them back for their endless love and support – that's what had him running back.

His members were in the middle of practicing when Jungkook arrived. They watched him, nervously and didn't bother trying to hide the fact that they knew Jungkook got his memories back.

"Don't ignore us," Namjoon said, softly. They'd stopped practicing to talk to Jungkook who was more than ready to go through the songs. He ignored the members and muttered about wanting to go through their songs since they were already running out of time.

They approached him after they finished, closing the door behind them for privacy.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't punch each and every one of you," Jungkook said, his voice filled with anger as he turned around, hands on his hip, eyeing his members. His brothers. The ones he loves and trust more than anything.

"Because we'll die? Ow!" Seokjin hissed when Yoongi pinched his arm to silence him.

"I trusted you lot," Jungkook said, ignoring what Seokjin just said. "I could have lost her. What happens if I never got my memories back? If I didn't return and she didn't get her surgery in time? Not just me, but would you lot be able to live with yourself?"

They were wise to stay quiet.

Jungkook continued on, "I was waiting for you guys to tell me. One of you. Anyone. But no one said anything about Jiwoo's condition to me."

"Jungkook—" Namjoon began.

"You lot are precious to me too," Jungkook cut him off. "I know that you guys love Jiwoo too and that what you did was to help her. I get it, alright? You lot were there when I wasn't. I get that."

No one said anything.

"The night of my accident," Jungkook said, quietly. "I found out something. I was on my way back to talk to Jiwoo." He lifted his eyes to meet their troubled gazes. "I never got the chance. Her past is still haunting her until this day and because of it, she doesn't have the will to live. Did you know that?"

He could tell by the looks on their faces that they didn't. They knew Jiwoo had nightmares but like Jungkook, they didn't know what caused it.

Jungkook shook his head and heaved a sigh, "I can't believe this." He turned and walked towards the door, hand on the knob. He needed to get out of here. He didn't want to be around them right now.

It was Hoseok's voice that stopped him.

"Don't be too mad at Jiwoo," he said, hesitantly. "We're sorry, okay?"

"We did it for her sake," Namjoon said, quietly. "We didn't know what else to do. We were worried about her health."

"We were going to tell you," Taehyung mumbled. "Honest."

"We weren't planning on keeping quiet forever," Jimin added in a small voice. "We just needed to wait for the right moment to tell you, Jungkook."

"Ah, don't be too mad," Yoongi said with a soft sigh. "I feel like shit already."

"We were mad at her too," Seokjin added, quietly. "We wanted her to talk to you since it wasn't our place, Jungkook. So, don't be too mad at her, okay?"

Jungkook's lips curled into a bitter smile. Seriously, he thought to himself, how can you lot and Jiwoo be worried about each other at a time like this?

He couldn't stay mad at them or Jiwoo forever anyways. They were a part of his life after all.

Without another word, Jungkook opened the door and walked out of there.