Chapter 16

~Jiwoo~

Jungkook and I didn't end up having our conversation after that kiss. He's been distancing himself from me too due to having so many things to do in preparation for their concerts overseas. It was a good thing too because we were both busy and barely saw each other but most importantly, I wasn't ready to talk to him.

"We're heading off now," Jimin said, cheerfully.

I glanced up from my mug and smiled, "Alright."

Jungkook's eyes locked on mine for a brief moment before he grabbed his things and walked past me without saying anything. My eyes followed him as he leaves and I wonder if I did something wrong again. I mean, I've been avoiding him too but Jungkook was the one who could have sought me out if he wanted to, right?

Sensing my mood, Seokjin patted my head, "You okay?"

I nodded.

"Ah, he's probably in a mood," Seokjin reassured me.

I just smiled.

Jungkook's moods been really different ever since he woke up from the hospital. Having him freeze me out like this was becoming normal for me. For us. I needed the distance too because of my heart condition.

I said my goodbyes to the members before heading out to work. If I could work extra hours, maybe it'll take my mind off Jungkook and the nightmares I've been getting. I needed to get away from it all.

~Jungkook~

"What's wrong with you?" Hoseok asked Jungkook the minute the car started moving.

"Don't even think about lying," Taehyung said from the back. "We can tell something's up."

Jungkook said nothing, his eyes glued outside the window. The last thing he wanted was to be interrogated by his members. That's how their day went. They went through their dances while discussing some changes with their staff members. He managed to avoid the members all day until they finally trapped him in the recording rooms after they finished wrapping up some songs and meetings.

Namjoon blocked the door and the members cornered him in the room.

Jungkook let out a soft sigh, tired from their busy schedule, "What?"

"Talk to us," Jimin ordered.

"No."

"What happened to you?" Yoongi scowled. "Weren't you and Jiwoo all over each other a few days ago? What happened?"

"Jiwoo looks like she doesn't know so you're the problem," Taehyung told Jungkook, pulling out a chair and sitting down. "What happened?"

"We're not letting you out of here until you talked to us," Namjoon said, smiling.

Jungkook's eyes rolled.

"Don't roll your eyes," Seokjin scolded. "Talk to us."

"Come on, Jungkook," Hoseok threw his arm over Jungkook's shoulders, "We're more than just co-workers, you know."

Jungkook debated just leaving the members and storming out of there but something stopped him from doing that. Even though he knew there were things the members were keeping from him, if he was to talk to them and ask them, maybe they wouldn't lie to him. Besides, it's better than trying to figure it out on his own. He needed to rely on others too. 

With this in mind, Jungkook inhaled sharply before turning to face the members and look at them dead in the eyes.

"Gunho."

"Who?" Hoseok removed his arm from Jungkook's shoulders, eyes swinging to the members.

Jungkook took in their blank and confused expression, trying to see if they were faking it or not.

"Who is Gunho?" Jungkook asked, ignoring the jealousy he was feeling.

"Gunho?" Namjoon blinked, turning to face the others. "Do we know him?"

"I don't know any Gunho," Jimin replied, slowly. "Do you guys know?"

"Why are you asking?" Seokjin asked, frowning.

"Jiwoo said his name in her sleep," Jungkook told them, eyes narrowing on his members who looked surprised by what Jungkook had said. "You really don't know?"

They shook their heads and Jungkook saw that they were serious. Great. So the members don't know who he is too. What now?

"Is that why you've been freezing Jiwoo out?" Taehyung asked him. "Because you're, uh, jealous of this Gunho guy?"

Jungkook glared. "I wasn't freezing her out- I was busy with our concert preparations. Even if I wanted to talk to her, I passed out the minute my body hits the bed. I couldn't find the right time to catch her too. "

"What, it looks like it," Taehyung said, defensively when the members shook their heads at Taehyung. 

"So, Jungkook is jealous," Hoseok grinned. "That's why you've been ignoring Jiwoo and the rest of us?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Jungkook muttered.

"Talk to Jiwoo," Seokjin advised. "That's how you'll know who Gunho is."

Somehow, Jungkook just knows it won't be easy talking about 'Gunho' with Jiwoo. That's why he didn't bother asking her, trying so hard to forget the fact that she'd said another man's name in her sleep.